An octo for the RAM.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 3/8 male to 7/16 female adapter is fairly common, any Trident Dealer can get them- Bryan has them or IMO a better alternative is to just get an old style hose. Again, any Trident dealer can get them (Bryan). If you are restoring and diving more than a a couple old regs with the 3/8 HP ports, it is just easier to have the correct hose. I keep both around. If you travel with the older reg, like I do, then having the adapter on hand is also a good idea as the 3/8 hoses are not easy to find most places. ...You can get the adapters here Shop Online or the hoses here http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/in...d=175#!/~/product/category=1964186&id=8459261

On the recent Coz trip apparently the apes at the airline baggage somehow managed to squash my PRAM. No real damage, just a broken clamp and a torn HP hose. Thing is that hose was brand new, tested and ready to go. Suddenly it was leaking. So I pulled the spg from my Titan XL back up rig for my PRAM but of course, good thing I carry an adapter. Bought a new hose while in Coz so my number 1 PRAM will just be with a HP adapter until this new hose goes bad. Thing is, I have never had a problem with the adapters so do not consider it to be a failure point, no worries for them at all.

OBTW, the PRAM was in carry on but in many of the little jets they always grab your carry on and put it in the hold and then stack all of the checked luggage on top of the carry on, apparently! Next time I think I will just wear it around my neck.

N

Oh than sucks Nemrod,

After looking at VDH site I realized that I actually have that adapter on my banjo fitting. As now I will not need to use that banjo I will just move it to the swimaster.

I rebuilt the second stage today. The diaphragm appears to be in very good condition so I will probably use it for a while. After breaking in the seat a bit and adjusting the lever height I got 1.6 inches on the magnohelic. Does not seem bad for a downstream ?
I no need to rebuilt the sherwood manifold and assemble a set of 72s.
The reg is ready for a dive. I will be testing the swimaster in th pool next monday

Attachments

• TitanII-serviced.jpg
    TitanII-serviced.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 92
Sounds a little high for that reg, you should get 1 inch or less out of it... if you can't tweek any more out of the second stage, you can always crank up the IP some to help.

I will let it sit for a while for the set to take a set and then will check it again. I still can increase the IP- I currently have 135 psi set.

rereading your post, I understand you are using the original diaphgram, with that one it is quite possible that 1.5 or so is as low as you will get. The material, design and age of the diaphgram can all cause the cracking pressure to be excessive. If this reg is a routine diver, go with a new diaphgram.

rereading your post, I understand you are using the original diaphgram, with that one it is quite possible that 1.5 or so is as low as you will get. The material, design and age of the diaphgram can all cause the cracking pressure to be excessive. If this reg is a routine diver, go with a new diaphgram.

Thanks, its good to know. I have ordered a new silicone diaphragm and now waiting for it to come. I will put it in when its here and will post new results.

It is as Herman said, most likely the diaphragm. Some of the MRs had some really odd diaphragms. I have seen neoprene, some sort of plastic material and silicone. Any other than the silicone and you will do good to get much below 1.5 inches if that. I do not like to jack the IP up to compensate for some other issue. The 135 psi IP should be fine. You can run the Ip to 160 and a stiff diaphragm will still produce a sucky breathing regulator and now it will be jumpy as well.

N

I don't either but if you are trying to tweek all you can get out of what you have, then it's an option. Personally, I set everything at 135, that way I don't have to remember what it was set for and all my seconds should swap around without a hitch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom