An octo for the RAM.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod mine is exactly this sort of strange plastic material.

It is as Herman said, most likely the diaphragm. Some of the MRs had some really odd diaphragms. I have seen neoprene, some sort of plastic material and silicone. Any other than the silicone and you will do good to get much below 1.5 inches if that. I do not like to jack the IP up to compensate for some other issue. The 135 psi IP should be fine. You can run the Ip to 160 and a stiff diaphragm will still produce a sucky breathing regulator and now it will be jumpy as well.

N

---------- Post added February 4th, 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

Same here, I try to set all stages to 135:)

I don't either but if you are trying to tweek all you can get out of what you have, then it's an option. Personally, I set everything at 135, that way I don't have to remember what it was set for and all my seconds should swap around without a hitch.

Opinions may vary and while that plastic diaphragm might not be totally unfortunate compared to a 30 year old stiff neoprene diaphragm, for me, it makes for excellent target practice, not much more.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom