Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hex

Reaction score
I was just curious if there are any scuba board members that have dove the Andrea Doria? I have recently read 2 books about the wreck and some of the divers that have dared to brave this challenge. I consider myself to still be at the very early stages of novice diver, but have really enjoyed reading about the mystique surrounding this wreck. I know I will probably never get to dive it, so I was hoping that maybe a board member could share what the experience was like. Thank you in advance.

MHK has dove (dived?) it and is even mentioned in Fatal Depth, if that's one of the books you read. Check out this post.

Been there a few times. What exactly do you want to know about it?

BTW.. there was an hour long show on the Discovery Channel this morning about diving the Andrea Doria. Check your listings as I bet it'll be on again later in the day or tomorrow, etc. Or check the discovery channel website.

AquaHump:
I would like to know where I cant get a crent set of deck plans

Yes I have been on it a few times but I don't think anyone has current deck plans since they have started to collapse. Sorry could not resist :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom