Anilao jellyfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yap... my divemates (2 of them) were attack right after ascent, the type of jellyfish which is long and hair-like. My divemates were urinating near the katig, wetsuits down up to waist, jellyfish/es were on the arms and hands.

And this is infront dive and trek sanctuary, bouy area of the grotto.

There was also an attack near-shore of Pier Uno. Most of the attacks are in the surface. So i think I better not remove any protection until i'm in the boat.

i would not use the term "attack" by jellie fishes especially those so called long ones. they are on the defensive only.

jelly fish
Cnideria2.jpg

f030804t.jpg

f016510t.jpg

00016147.jpg

marine invert
in PDF

on the contrary I was also diving in anilao yesterday (kirby's, sepok and koala) no jellyfish sightings or encounters.

Okay okay... big deal... my divemates had unfortunate brushes with the jelly fish near dive and trek and pier uno...sorry for the wrong term...

also... we had no vinegar in the boat so we put thick sun protection lotion on the bites (perhaps wrong term too?) and applied vinegar later on...

what were they wearing? shorties and no hoods?

And you said "unfortunate brushes with the jelly fish", does this mean your buddies went around one jelly fish and "attacked" it twice or thrice after being stung the first time? or did the JF liked your friends so much and that it went after them instead...:D

moonlighting:
Okay okay... big deal... my divemates had unfortunate brushes with the jelly fish near dive and trek and pier uno...sorry for the wrong term...

also... we had no vinegar in the boat so we put thick sun protection lotion on the bites (perhaps wrong term too?) and applied vinegar later on...
there's always everyone's favorite 1st aid for stings hehehehehehehe

Jag

shugar:
there's always everyone's favorite 1st aid for stings hehehehehehehe

Jag

and I sell this stuff in concetrated really potent form.. along with concentrated saliva.. vewy vewy cheap only :D

Back
Top Bottom