Announcing a new DIVER...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Tavi
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Didn't anybody warn you about how expensive this sport is? :D:

Hehee!

Enjoy!

Thanks! Expensive.. well... :D ... I thought my first hobby was expensive... computers, but man, this surely rivals it. So far I've only sunk about two grand into it... (gulp!) but hey, you gotta love it!

In the pic I'm diving the following:
  • Seaquest BlackDiamond BC
  • APEKS TX-100 w/TX-40 Octo
  • Andy's Drysuit
  • Suunto Cobra with Compass
  • O'neill Dry hood
  • Deep Sea Titanium 7mm gloves
  • SCUBAPRO Black TwinJets
  • US Divers mask/snorkel (one that I've had for quite some time, but it just works)
  • And don't forget about 40lbs of lead weight.. (20lbs integrated 20lbs weightbelt)

Sounds like a nice set of gear.
except the part about 40 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow!!
I haven't taken a drysuit course yet. I hope I don't need that much. :D: I use 18lbs with a two piece 7 mil wetsuit. Thats using a steel 100 tank.

My wife got certified 6 months after me. So double the expense for everything. And we didn't get cheap gear. I have all the reciepts. I don't even want to total them up. :D:

Now we're looking at cold water wetsuits or drysuits, Our own tanks, maybe a pony bottle, and the list goes on,and on, and on.....................Aint it fun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom