Another CO tank tester choice - cheaper than the rest...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

replacement sensor for analox is $150+, for the sensorcon it is $89 incl. calibration... I am not sure why the difference for the sensor but that makes a big difference in cost of ownership apart from the purchase price for the unit.

The kits from Sensorcon are on backorder right now with an estimated shipping date of 31st October. If you order now with coupon code BONUS they're dropping the price by $50 so $129 + shipping.

Even if the price has increased, it looks to me still a cheaper option, especially after considering parts etc... Thanks Don for the heads up, I was about to get the Analox and now I am reconsidering. By the way, does anybody know how often you have to get the Analox serviced (every year?) and how much it is?

Even if the price has increased, it looks to me still a cheaper option, especially after considering parts etc... Thanks Don for the heads up, I was about to get the Analox and now I am reconsidering. By the way, does anybody know how often you have to get the Analox serviced (every year?) and how much it is?
With the field calibration built into the Analox unit, the company does not suggest periodic calibrations. Just replace the 9v battery as needed, and the sensor when the time comes.

So I finally got to use my Sensorcon CO sensor. I had never gotten a reading of more than 2ppm from it. I checked multiple tanks, and was happy about it. Once, I checked the air in my tank a little too close to the running engine of our stationary dive boat. 7ppm. Turning the air on dropped it slowly to about 2ppm. Post-dive check showed 0ppm after the engine was shut off. This unit clearly works, holds up well, and is shock- and water-resistant. I'm sold.

Does anyone know if that delrin looking block is for DIN threads? I have the thermo pro valves, but if I can thread directly into DIN, it would go faster.

I dunno? It seems that the scuba adaptation was a result of Scubanuti's suggestions. No need to compare it to other models, since we will. They may do some marketing - who knows? The portable CO Analyzer from Analox is still more compact and easier to use on tanks, while their unit is certainly more affordable as well as useful in other ways. It's nice to have more choices. :wink:
Just ran across this post DandyDon. Thanks. Yep they called me and we discussed how I did it and what they market would be like. I didn't hear anything more from them til this..
FWIW my moniker is Scubanutil the il is for Illinois :)

Just ran across this post DandyDon. Thanks. Yep they called me and we discussed how I did it and what they market would be like. I didn't hear anything more from them til this..
FWIW my moniker is Scubanutil the il is for Illinois :)
I copied your name from the post but missed a letter. :blush:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom