Another flying question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattiedread

Reaction score
How about 'puddle jumping'? My wife and I are thinking Maldives and it looks as if we'll have a few days after the liveaboard to hit a dive resort on one of the atols... probably off the beaten path and a good distance from the international airport. The airtaxi's there probably fly under 1000 feet... How much time before a flight of this nature after doing 3/4 dives/day for 10 or 12 days (probably have a deco day with 0 or one dive after 6 or 7 days)?

The first thousand feet of air drops the ambient pressure the equivalent of about 1 foot of sea water. Shouldn't be a problem.
Rick

I didn't think the decrease in pressure would be all that significant but I thought I'd ask.

Dear mattiedread:

I would imagine that the only time one would have a problem is if they already have sufficient nitrogen in the gas phase and it is already causing fank pain (DCS).

I have heard of individuals crossing a mountain pass (probably 3,000 feet) and this exacerbated the pain of their DCS. Your ascent is much more modest, as Rich has already indicted. :mean:

Dr Deco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom