Another Mares Airtrim Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CS,

You are welcome. The inflator hose is attached to the bcd by a screw down crown (According to our tech (I didn't personally look)). You can have an LDS request a warranty replacement. Our policy in the U.S. is the defective product must be returned prior to the warranty claims being completed. The LDS can send in just the hose assembly, or send in the whole bcd and have the Mares service center replace the hose and send the bcd back. This is up to you and the LDS to see what works better. I thought it would be cheaper to mail the hose rather than the whole bc (again your choice). Please note I am referring to the U.S. I strongly urge you to go through a local Mares dealer because they will know the policies and methods of handling warranty claims for the region you are in. Please don't disconnect the hose yourself.

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom