Another mask fog fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you found the answer already, but I also found that the burn trick worked well on my Promate Frameless.

Gary

Finally, I found the answer. The Promate frameless mask will no longer fog whatsoever, all day. The baby shampoo was good but would only last an hour. That was not what I wanted; for, when freediving, I stay in the water 2-3 hours. As you remember, the other stuff, toothpaste, etc, had no beneficial effect whatsoever. The mask would not "break in" and a spit rinse just caused more fog. Not now.

I swabbed the lens with Star Brite Liquid Rubbing Compound, polished it out and rinsed, and rinsed. Then, the mask was dried and aired for 24 hours. (the stuff has an odor). I did the hot breath test and there was partial fog. Oh, well. Then, I spit rinsed and tested. Result, no fog at all, nada. I dived with the mask two full days with just a spit rinse at the start of the day. Great.

Back
Top Bottom