Another Moped Fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would anyone who isn't young and dumb rent a scooter? Locals and I ride scooters because they are cheaper to buy, cheaper to operate, and easier to park compared to a car. Answered your own question. Oh and the convenience of not relying on a taxi.

I've ridden many motorcycles, scooters and mopeds and such, driven everything on wheels way to fast at one time or another. It's just what some of us do and what some of you don't. However, I don't ride a scooter with a large cup of coffee in one hand, that's just crazy since it would leave me with no hand to hold my tequila.

Wife from the store appeared, handed the driver his cup of coffee while she got on the back and then they proceeded to drive off, him driving the moped with one hand and holding a huge coffee in the other

I was always impressed with local folks driving down the road while carrying an extension ladder, then I saw a guy up the ante with a 20' length of rebar double backed in a big bow.

Yesterday I almost hit an elderly tourist couple when the diver blundered thru a stop sign on Calle 7 at 5th Ave. Looked like they had just rented it down the block and he was barely keeping it upright.

Last edited:
Yes, we watched an older couple pile it up in a lot a few years back. No serious injuries, but blood and skin scraped off. Im sure at their age it hurt badly. We avoid scooters like the plague. I grew up on dirtbikes, but its not me Im worried about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom