Another new nitrox diver here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might be a good idea to buy an O2 analyzer next, especially if you may occasionally top up your air tanks from a bank of EAN32 unless you plan on emptying the tanks first.

I dive Nitrox most of the time, makes for better bottom time on most of my dives, especially on square profiles

Just a couple of comments as the topic has been covered well. Carry your nitrox card to wherever you want to acquire a nitrox filled tank-0 your own, or one on a liveaboard or other dive boat or shop away from home. second, I am a firm believer that you nitrox tanks should be clearly marked so no one presumes they are air. with EAN32 it's less of a safety issue than with a 36 or higher, but it's best to have the tank clearly marked as a nitrox tank, especially if it will be riding or sitting among other tanks that are not nitrox.
A note on tank fills. I do a lot of it, and the fact is that if the shop has a lot to fill, they get filled a little fast, and then they cool and are not "full." So we always "top off" tanks before they go out as rentals or to an open water dive training weekend. If you bring in you own tank, and want a fill while you wait, in an AL 80 we can get it real close to 3000 or even 3000 plus if you are not in a hurry. If you leave it for an hour or more, we'll have it maxed every time.
DivemasterDennis

what divemaster said.

don't forget to cool tanks and top them again and a little more with good ol nitrox21

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom