• MARES M2

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • SUUNTO Vyper

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • CRESSI Archimedes II

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest that you check what make of computer your buddies will be using and go for a model from that brand. That way you'll all be using the same or similar algorhythm, and no-one ends up with 10mins ND time and a buddy on deco.

Personnally I think a more conservative computer is a good thing.

Rupert

i like conservatism so i do not mind if i get a conservative computer.

my dive buddy is my dad and he dosnt believe in computers so he does not dive with one.

all the computers i have mentioned (exept for the vyper) are supported by my dive shop, so i have thought about this in advance

thanks again to all

Been diving on Suunto for years.
Currently have a Vyper 2 and a D9 Titanium (bling bling).
Never had a problem. The Vyper can be wrist or console mounted.
Conservative dive profile compared to some (can be adjusted).
As a mimimum you need Nitrox, and make sure you can read the numbers as some computers have very small digits.
Don't spend too much on your first one.
T

I just bought the iscuba plan from itunes so dive tables are no longer a problem. I like to have a pre planned dive anyway :dork2:.

well I was looking at some navigation tools, since most of my diving will be low viz, and i stumbled upon the DG 01, a digital timer from Hollis which tells you the amount of time you spend in the water, how deep you are, the deepest you have been, and it has a navigation function which you can program directions such as the compass heading, how far, and how much time it should take.

I think that between the app and the DG 01, I will have exactly what I need ( the deepest I will go is 80 feet)

I thank all those who posted before and tryed to help, HAPPY DIVING :cool2:

One more for the wrist computer.

IMO a simple computer with Nitrox would be fine, for complex dives you should made the plan ahead and will basically use only depth gauge and timer, so I would not spend too much.

For you reference I use Botton Timer Uwatec and Suunto Mosquito as a backup and dive data colector.

Suunto makes a good computer, but it's WAY to conservative. I've got an Oceanic Geo, it works great, nitrox capable, low price, and you can set the convervatism :)

I have a M2, it's a decent stopgap measure as a way to have a computer until you can afford something better (I think it's like $170 on Scubatoys, dirt cheap for a Nitrox computer). It works and is full featured, but isn't fancy, it big and clunky, buttons are hard to push, and some functions could be user friendly. But until I can afford one of those wireless air integrated computers, this works and will make a nice backup later on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom