Another visit done too fast!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
When I get outside the airport at Cancun the first thing I notice is the smell, the scent of ocean air and jungle. I love it.
I took the Mayair flight when I landed this time, my over weight fee was 700 pesos. Worth it to me. I waited 15 mins for the flight, 18 mins in the air. Every minute counts.
Javier of Cozumel Scuba Repair had my gear at the Scubamau shop all nice and clean. I was going to do a night shore dive but I just relaxed. Crap did the humidity ever make me sweat.
I dove with really great people from the newest of divers to seasoned vets. What a pleasure. I took my new Canon s95/fix housing for a dip. One dive getting lion fish, one dive trying to shot pics. Man do I have a learning curve there. I wish I was as smart as the camera. I'm def going to try and get to one of the photo course put on down on Coz.
I didnt use my 3mil at all. Wore my core vest on third dives. Sometimes the air was a little chilly after dives and blasting home in the boat so I wore my coat.
I got the chance to dive shallow dives a lot this time, the currents where nil most of the time, just great. The reefs are very healthy and tons of fish n stuff.
Did the wreck a couple times, it is really starting to get covered with coral. Very pretty, lots of life on it. Blennies everywhere, they are so cute.
I met quite a few people from the board, that was so cool to put faces to the names.
Gabbi loco and monkey put a feast on at Palapita on Thursday afternoon, wow what a fiesta. The lion fish, hog fish, snapper, lobster, crab all massaged my palate and almost got me to stay a few more days. that was fabulous. It was nice to be invited, the group that got the critters where a lot of fun. Nothing like eating the catch that was caught hours before.
Well I hope to be back in October. That wont be soon enough. It was a wonderful trip, made better by Scubaboard friends!!

Thanks for the report, Kevin. Glad you had a good time. I will be in the air on my way to Cozumel exactly 1 week from this minute. Can't wait. I will be diving with Scuba Mau for the first time. I'm anxious to experience for myself what everyone is always raving about.
Did you leave your gear with Javier? I'm returning to Coz in December, but I'll need my gear here. September, October and November is prime time for diving here in the Great Lakes. I might try leaving my gear there when I go in December. I'm planning a return trip sometime early next year before the local season starts here.

Thanks for the report, Kevin. Glad you had a good time. I will be in the air on my way to Cozumel exactly 1 week from this minute. Can't wait. I will be diving with Scuba Mau for the first time. I'm anxious to experience for myself what everyone is always raving about.
Did you leave your gear with Javier? I'm returning to Coz in December, but I'll need my gear here. September, October and November is prime time for diving here in the Great Lakes. I might try leaving my gear there when I go in December. I'm planning a return trip sometime early next year before the local season starts here.

Hi Ya I leave a set all year with Javier. 100us for the year is a good deal to me. I can bring quite a bit of other stuff with me for the kids this way.

Reactions:
Hi Ya I leave a set all year with Javier. 100us for the year is a good deal to me. I can bring quite a bit of other stuff with me for the kids this way.

That sounds like a sweet deal... especially if you're lucky enough to have a couple kits laying around.

... I took my new Canon s95/fix housing for a dip. One dive getting lion fish, one dive trying to shot pics. Man do I have a learning curve there. I wish I was as smart as the camera. I'm def going to try and get to one of the photo course put on down on Coz...

Thankx for the TR..living vicariously through everyone until next Spring! :eek:

Next trip, contact my friend Armando Alentado at Island Photo/Video for a photo class, it would be well worth the time and money.

Island Photo Cozumel

some people may try and tell you he's not down there anymore, but I talk to him nearly every day...he doesn't have a storefront at La Ceiba anymore, but he's definately on the island and in operation.

When I get outside the airport at Cancun the first thing I notice is the smell, the scent of ocean air and jungle. I love it.
I took the Mayair flight when I landed this time, my over weight fee was 700 pesos. Worth it to me. I waited 15 mins for the flight, 18 mins in the air. Every minute counts.
Javier of Cozumel Scuba Repair had my gear at the Scubamau shop all nice and clean. I was going to do a night shore dive but I just relaxed. Crap did the humidity ever make me sweat.
I dove with really great people from the newest of divers to seasoned vets. What a pleasure. I took my new Canon s95/fix housing for a dip. One dive getting lion fish, one dive trying to shot pics. Man do I have a learning curve there. I wish I was as smart as the camera. I'm def going to try and get to one of the photo course put on down on Coz.
I didnt use my 3mil at all. Wore my core vest on third dives. Sometimes the air was a little chilly after dives and blasting home in the boat so I wore my coat.
I got the chance to dive shallow dives a lot this time, the currents where nil most of the time, just great. The reefs are very healthy and tons of fish n stuff.
Did the wreck a couple times, it is really starting to get covered with coral. Very pretty, lots of life on it. Blennies everywhere, they are so cute.
I met quite a few people from the board, that was so cool to put faces to the names.
Gabbi loco and monkey put a feast on at Palapita on Thursday afternoon, wow what a fiesta. The lion fish, hog fish, snapper, lobster, crab all massaged my palate and almost got me to stay a few more days. that was fabulous. It was nice to be invited, the group that got the critters where a lot of fun. Nothing like eating the catch that was caught hours before.
Well I hope to be back in October. That wont be soon enough. It was a wonderful trip, made better by Scubaboard friends!!
OK, you seem to be leaving out a few details of this trip. Let's hear about the oversleeping, robbery, meeting Dandy Don, room flooding and bribery. :shakehead:

I will be diving with Scuba Mau for the first time.
If you want to do something nice, take Opal some Vanilla or Hazelnut coffee. I took a bag of each but I bet she'd still appreciate more.

Any Texnadian thong or speedo stories to share with us?
Where's the fish pics?

This was my first trip with mau. My wife and i cant say enough.opal called the hotel for extra nights after flight cancelled.firstdive is a blast to dive with and an all around good man. I hope we can dive together again..... Kevin we wound up on the island until wednesday, it was tough but whats a man to do.

If you want to do something nice, take Opal some Vanilla or Hazelnut coffee. I took a bag of each but I bet she'd still appreciate more.
Just packed a can of vanilla coffee in the bag.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom