Antares Drygloves without cuff seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon Hansmann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got the Antares system and I'm very happy with it. I dive with thick gloves under my cuff seals in winter so the seals dont serve a purpose anyway (redundancy) and are just restrictive... My idea was to remove the seals in winter and replace the with an oring. I dont want to cut them down, as ill be using them in summer.
Has anyone tried this and can provide some information on how it worked? Maybe even oring (size) recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Stay safe and healthy,
Simon

I wouldn’t do it, I used the Antares system for a lot of dives, once dialed in they worked very well but I never trusted them enough to use them without seals, I did cut them a bit so they were easier to put on and remove. I trust the ultima and Rolock enough but still use the cut/trimmed seals.

As i said, the seals serve no real purpose, in fact id say its worse to have seals when you glove leaks (in my setup). without seals i wouldnt need to lift my hand to equalize the gloves and so no water would run down my arm

As i said, the seals serve no real purpose, in fact id say its worse to have seals when you glove leaks (in my setup). without seals i wouldnt need to lift my hand to equalize the gloves and so no water would run down my arm
Loose seals work fine, but let us know how it works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom