Anthonys Key - Alternate Activities - Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We stayed at Anthonys Key Resort last year and loved it! My wife and I and another couple are making a return trip the first week of April.
I did 3-4 dives a day, while the others did 2-3 -depending on the day. We (except my wife!) did the shark dive and also the dolphin dive (all 4 of us)
Last year my wife and the other gal went horseback riding and kayaked a lot.
As a group, we also went ziplining one afternoon.

The AKR website lists white water rafting (does not explain whole lot in terms of location, etc.) and golfing as other possible day trip activities. I was wondering . . .

1) Where is the white water rafting?? Is it worth it??

2) Anyone play the golf course there - Black Pearl?

The AKR website lists white water rafting (does not explain whole lot in terms of location, etc.) and golfing as other possible day trip activities. I was wondering . . .

1) Where is the white water rafting?? Is it worth it??

2) Anyone play the golf course there - Black Pearl?

White Water rafting is done after a short flight to the mainland. You do the math in re DCS. The best time of year for this is Sept > Dec after a tropical storm has travelled Westward into Honduras along the equator to 10° North latitude. I had done it many times in my more invincible youth, via kayak. When it's running, no doubt a Grade VI. It's a hoot.

As to the Black Pearl (another Honduran trademark, hacking popular phrases) see The Black Pearl - Golf course in The Black Pearl, Pristine Bay. It is located at "Pristine Bay", which won't be for long, what with the run-off it's causing. The course has gotten very few reviews in the trade, but they have all been favorable. It aint cheap at $150 to start.

Back
Top Bottom