Anti reflection ring for Panasonic 8mm fisheye behind dome port.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had some reflection showing up on the inon dome and solved it with better flash isolation. I cut an "H" shaped piece of black cardstock to sandwich in the closed camera flash and seal up the gaps between it, the reflector, and the housing. I didn't try the FE at night but had no reflection issues with the 60 behind the dome.

IMG_1823c.jpg

Sometimes the simplest solution can be the best.

Would you not be able to simply cut a piece of black tape (electrical tape or hockey tape or something similar) and put that over the white lettering? That would (should) solve the problem with not permanent effect on the camera.

IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG
As promised, here are the images of the anti reflection ring for the Panasonic 8mm lens I fabricated. It was made from a 60.5mm lens cap bought for a few dollars from eBay and an old Cokin 'p' series 62 mm filter ring I had lying around glued together. The lens cap fitted perfectly inside the filter ring and then required the face of the cap to be ground off which allowed it to be slid over the lens hood. So far it has worked perfectly and covers all of the possible reflecting writing exactly the same as the Olympus ones for my 9-18. Now to get help trying to perfect my technique using the 8mm lens for CFWA. But that will be another post. Cheers.

If you go to a photo store or online step-up filter rings are available. Just order the filter diameter for your lens and the inside diameter of your port. These are much less expensive than Olympus' shade rings.

Sensei37-52mm Step-Up Ring

Oops, I forgot the OP had cited an 8mm fish eye. Otherwise my though is applicable to wider angle lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom