Anti ScubaPro bias?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are the one who said "no". Did you look it up at all? https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/us/scubapro-warranty
Good luck with that "warranty".

There are so many conditions that have to be met: Must be bought new from a SP dealer in the US; Must have original receipt; Must be registered with SP after purchase; Must be bought within a specific time frame.

Hey, you never know. First for everything. I wish the poster with his 30+ yr old second-hand BCD much luck.

I'll stick with my 'no'.

...Gee My Mistake ... I thought this was where we went to find friendly helpful people ..guess I was wrong

Stop whining please. There is no wine or cheese here. Temper tantrums won't get you anywhere.

and where do you sit with ScubaPro, BoltSnap

When I'm deep down I insist on the very best, ScubaPro, ScubaPro, ScubaPro, yay, ScubaPro!

Nationals2017-IMG_8792-edit-1200px-web-1024x680.jpg

more inclusion, how inclusive, is that our rebel

In my experience as a part time reg. tech for a shop that services nearly every brand. Scubapro has a history of supporting their gear for a very long time with parts availability. But everything eventually reaches a point where it is no longer supported. I fully understand wanting your expensive gear purchases to last a long time but i feel like we need reasonable expectations. How many of you are driving cars from the 80s or watching a 20 year old television?

That being said brands like Scubapro, Poseidon, Atomic, Mares, Aqualung, Apeks, and even Sherwood tend to provide parts well past what I would consider to be a reasonable expected lifespan. We are able to service gear for local working divers that is probably as old as me (36) regularly. Although some of these newer less expensive brands such as Deep Six, Hog, etc… produce what seem to be well built and high performance equipment (only had the opportunity to handle a few) will parts be available in 10 or 20 yr.?

How many of you are driving cars from the 80s or watching a 20 year old television?
:happywave:

I just sold my '85 Corvette, and the next owner is driving it daily. SONY BRAVIA TV is from +/- 2005...

Plus my regularly dove DH regs are 1958-67, and I have a number of SP regs from the 60's and 70's that I frequently dive...

:cool:

:happywave:

I just sold my '85 Corvette, and the next owner is driving it daily. SONY BRAVIA TV is from +/- 2005...

Plus my regularly dove DH regs are 1958-67, and I have a number of SP regs from the 60's and 70's that I frequently dive...

:cool:
And you probably payed a higher price for these at the time then some of the new value brands that may not even exist anymore. With the exception of the TV I’d be will to bet these items are still currently serviceable for the most part.

aside from the TV, nothing bought new.

none are able to be maintained w/ OEM parts...

All aftermarket manufacturers for parts....

It is an o-ring that goes in the channel/recess of the elbow. Take the hose/elbow to a hardware store and find one that fits...
Better try a hydraulic hose company if you want that o-ring. If you can measure the ID of the mating surface, I might be able to determine the size. For regs, just Google the make/model and you'll find kits. I found these peeps in no time: Regulator Service Kits and Repair Kits for Diving regs

FWIW, I never did understand why people ever liked Corvettes. They are the reason I preferred imports from an early age. Give me a 67 Cortina GT so I can put a twin overhead cam head on it with dual side draft Webers. God, I miss that car!

and where do you sit with ScubaPro, BoltSnap

When I'm deep down I insist on the very best, ScubaPro, ScubaPro, ScubaPro, yay, ScubaPro!

View attachment 784394

more inclusion, how inclusive, is that our rebel

I want to see one of these fat chicks with childbearing hips standing on the ground be way up on the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom