Any Divers from Central Pennsylvania?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am moving to Carlisle in a few months, PM me towards the end of summer I am always ready to dive

I PLAY IN A COVER BAND NAMED UUU, I TOUR ALL OVER THE PA LANDSCAPE, AND HAPPENED UPON A PLACE CALLED DUTCH SPRINGS. IT A LITTLE INLAND QUARRY, THAT IS SET UP LIKE A DIVERS PARADISE. LOTS OF SUNKEN STUFF TO DIVE ON, AND A GREAT PLACE TO HONE YOUR SKILLS. BEING A NEWBY, I NEED IT!
ANYONE GO THERE?
I WOULD LIKE TO MEET OTHER DIVERS IN THE AREA, AND DO THE PADI THING........
GO PLACES, MEET FOLKS, AND SEE FISH!

FEEL FREE TO MAIL ME AT INGREEVOX@AOL.COM:)

MY WEBSITE
WWW.UUU.ORG

Yes Dutch Springs is a Divers Paradise (the PA Carribean). They draw huge crowds (500+) divers every weekend. A lot of LDS from New York, New Jersey, Conn. as well as PA go there to do their training dives. They have a lot of platforms inadition to a lot of sunken objects including a fire truck, sunken boats and a helicopter suspended at about 50'. It was a limestone quarry and with the introduction of zebra mussels the visibility at times can be 50'. 20' viz. is typical.

If you don't like crowds (which I don't), go during the week. They are open all week and if you go you will have the quarry to yourself. The times I went during the week, there were maybe 5 other divers there each time. You can park right at the waters edge and just walk in. Just remember to take food along because as of the end of last year, the food stand was not open during the week.

They do have large changing rooms which include bathrooms and showers. This year they are starting to put in a large campground with a pool. It is a great place to do some local diving. Here is the website: http://www.dutchsprings.com/

Jeff

diverjed,

Peak vacation season makes for difficult lodging at reasonable prices. Its cold water diving anyway so maybe Sep or Oct are better times to go to the Finger Lakes, NY. The Fall up there is beautiful too!

I used to know a dive shop between Seneca and Keuka Lakes but now I can't find it on line. I'll keep looking.

Seneca Lake apparently has the most to see UW but surface conditions are variable and can change in no time. But hey, its diving, what do we expect? :)

Talk again,
Jim

I have a lot of ties to the upstate NY area (Rochester) so I'll work on it over time, should be able to find something. They may not run many charters but I've heard there is some recommendable shore diving in some of the lakes.

One of the lakes (Seneca..?) is supposed to be real deep, they used to test submarines there (almost 1000ft..?).

It's definitely on my to do list, or to dive list.

The diving in NY state really beats the diving in PA. More water.

Back
Top Bottom