Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twist on/ twist off lights. They all flood or turn themselves on at depth and the battery dies. I have a box full of failed ones.

Really? I have had opposite luck. Lights with switches always fail me. Twist on and off are all I use now. And I have had great success.

Really? I have had opposite luck. Lights with switches always fail me. Twist on and off are all I use now. And I have had great success.

Myself as well

Same... first switch light cycled through all its modes at depth. Replacement from seller works as expected. Second button light switched off by itself after 20 min of use /on a night dive/. No flooding, just won't stay on for more than an instant. Requested a twist on as a replacement. Haven't used at depth yet...

One thing I do regret is buying a console. When I gid fundies, my instructor took it apart and placed it in my hand and said “you shouldnt need this but keep them in your box of things I shouldn’t have bought”. I thank him for that. And the funny thing is you pay like 50€ extra for a double console but the depth gauge is really really cheap component.

That’s either a cheap torch or a user error.

Don't toss out user error like it doesn't count. I've loaned twist on lights to others several times and got them back full of water. A product so prone to failure by anyone that didn't RTFM is poorly designed in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom