Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much junk has come and gone over the years... a couple of things come to mind.

"Soft backpack" BCD that I thought would be convenient for air travel. I (sadly) don't actually go on that many vacations. The harness offers little to no support and it's fiendishly difficult to get the straps tight enough on a tank. (The nylon straps expand when wet. But. Very slowly. Like it takes until the second dive of the day.) It was a lot more comfortable on my bare back than my old Dacor hard pack though.

One of those little air horns that clip on between your BC inflator and LP hose. Didn't work when wet and hard to rinse. Corroded away rather rapidly.

A 6 cubic foot pony bottle. Too small and doesn't get used. Would feel guilty selling it to someone else.

20 years ago I bought a spare air.

Insufficient gas

A 6 cubic foot pony bottle. Too small and doesn't get used. Would feel guilty selling it to someone else.
Makes a great argon bottle though

Split fins.Useless in current pushing a load.
Spring straps.Heavy and no better than what they replace.
A BC.Way to much drag,useless plastic D rings.
A tinted mask. Goes without saying.
All because I bought into hype instead of asking people who dive like I do what was already working.

A snorkel

I'll do you one better for regrets... Spare Air.
I still carry one.

Spring straps work well in "cold" water because you don't have to fart around with buckles, possible having to remove your lobster claw mitts in 40F water or less. I can see where it wouldn't matter down South.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom