Any experience with Jack's Diving Locker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacks is my LDS, very happy with them. Stay busy so book as early as can. Provide weights and AL80’s. Nice shop with rental gear replaced every 2 years I think, repairman is tops. Have a pool and whiteboards out back of shop with the weeks sightings.

Nice boats with shade and engine heated rinse hose. I’m happy with the briefings.
They will haul, load, rinse and store gear. Prefer to set up your gear but usually a mention you want to works.

Pretty relaxed and low key – paying attention without treating you like an idiot, unless you indicate you are one and then they are nice about it. If you are coming solo and feel the need for close dive companionship discuss that when checking in. I’m sure they’ll work something out but they let me putz around in the DM vicinity and just keep in communication, vis is good.

With the DM the game plan is to head out although you may see plenty as soon as descending. Circle around, heading back to the buoy line when the first ½ air occurs. That’s when you explore the buoy line vicinity and ascend on your own with stops at your discretion. Never had any hassle with over an hour dive time. Never felt rushed in or out.

You get what you pay for. Jack's was everything I expected and they probably have the most beautiful dive shop I'd ever seen.

You'll get top service from Jack's and the night dive with them is wonderful.

There are other dive ops that are very good but no complaints from me about JDL. I'd use them again.

No complaints here either. I did 4 dives with them in April and it was a great experience. I highly recommend the Manta Ray dives with Keller Laros.

I know two DM's who worked for Jack's. If their level of professionalism is any indication of Jack's overall, I'd say they run a great operation. I've heard from folks who have dived with them that this is true.

Dove with Jack's for eight years before moving to Oahu. Started diving with them when Andy W. was a new divemaster with a ragged wetsuit.

Agree with all the above opinions, they are outstanding. Other ops probably are just as good, but Jack's is guaranteed to be great. If you are a fairly experienced diver, you should check out the "advanced" dive trips. Cost a bit more, but much less crowded and you get to go to dive sites not frequented with the standard trips.

All of this info sounds good, greatly apreciated! Looking forward to planning a trip to Hawaii this coming winter when the weather starts to geta little chilly here in NC

Another reason to support them is they have been very pro-active environmentally by organizing and running the boat mooring program which, of course protects our reefs. (I think it was *Mrs Jack*, can't remember her name but have spoken to her on this subject a few years ago)

http://www.malama-kai.org/

(I think it was *Mrs Jack*, can't remember her name but have spoken to her on this subject a few years ago)
Teri Leicher, Jeff's wife.

Keller Laros is also very active getting legislation passed to protect the pelagic mantas. Apparently there was no law against killing them, though God knows what sort of idiot would. He is the Hawaii expert on mantas, and an all-around clown to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom