Any good social network website for divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is very good forum but not a social network website. I got into diving recently and was looking for a website where I could connect with other divers etc.

Lets be honest a forum could be considered a social network 10 years ago but not now.

I think that the main deference is that a forum is organized around topics, posting a question and getting answers, social network on the other hand is organized around people and connections.

Well, if you choose to focus on the differences, yes this is primarily a forum. However, if you choose to listen to the advice given about checking out some of the "local" subgroups and looking for partners there, it most definitely is a social networking avenue. No, it's not the primary focus of the site as a whole, but is one of the many healthy functions of this site. I've been posting for a little over a month now and had several offers to dive when I have the time to do so.

I think he wants a diving site with games on it like Scubaville.....

LOL!

:rofl3:

A second user supporting OP's comments that is also brand new? They're teaming up!! :D

Seriously, you're not going to convince anyone here that this site doesn't fulfill our needs for diving related info. If I wanna know someone's plans for the weekend I can simply pose the question. If I wanna know if anyone is going to a specific site, I pose the question. If I need a buddy for a given day, I pose the question. If I need info not related to diving (social networking) I'll simply do a search in the Off Topic section.

OP, you'd garner much more respect to just admit you're pimping another site for whatever reason. Otherwise, why did you come on here and not post a single thing before that?

I would consider SB a social networking site for divers. My regular/local dive buddies were introduced to me via SB or at an SB meet and greet. I just got back from California to meet with a few SBer's (one was from Australia). I am on my way tomorrow to Bonaire with a whole crew of SBers for 2 weeks.

I would not have met any of these people if it were not for SB. Clearly SB is a social network site for divers.

A second user supporting OP's comments that is also brand new? They're teaming up!! :D
We must wonder about ip addies. :eyebrow:

If there is one thing that is almost a given about ScubaBoard: we socialize. We play, we argue, we optimize, we organize and we party. It is my opinion that no other entity worldwide plans the sheer number of dives that we do on a daily or weekly basis. None of these are sponsored dives either... just between friends who often met right here.

Heck, we even offer space for local clubs so they can have their own forum without all the hassles of creating them on their own.

We are the ScubaBoard Tribe: Dedicated to diving and sharing our love for diving.

If there is one thing that is almost a given about ScubaBoard: we socialize. We play, we argue, we optimize, we organize and we party. It is my opinion that no other entity worldwide plans the sheer number of dives that we do on a daily or weekly basis. None of these are sponsored dives either... just between friends who often met right here.

Heck, we even offer space for local clubs so they can have their own forum without all the hassles of creating them on their own.

We are the ScubaBoard Tribe: Dedicated to diving and sharing our love for diving.

...And I nominate Lynne as High Priestess...

Let's see... A place for a large group of folks, that share a same interest to be able to easily exchange ideas, questions, suggestions, make plans etc etc... Something like that sounds like a social site that would be great for scuba folks...

/em looks around.. Hmmmm wonder where we can find a place like that????
:rofl3::eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom