Any Ideas Guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skiz22285

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
My name is Daniel, Im in college right now studing Sports Mangement Dive Industry with a minor in buissness. The is a problem I have encountered the overwhelming cost of doing this I love the major I love the instructors. The cost of the program last semester cost me 18200, i am still trying to figure out where to come up with the 2,794 dollars to pay my remaining balances. I have searched every knoock and crany of the web for Diver related scholarships they just dont really exist unless your a Gradute level student. I suppose becouse I am in the only on of its kind in the world At Barry University in Miami Florida. Ive maxed out goverment funding school scholarships my major dont quilify for most of the scholarships out there so that limits me down. I would be willing to work for a contract period of time after I Finish for a company for funding. If there is any ideas or ways to help please
LET ME KNOW!:idk:

:grammartime:

After reading through your post a few times, I was able to gather this information: you are in college, you are studying Dive Industry Management and you need money.

Do you have a job currently? If not, why not? I waited, bussed tables, cashiered and cleaned bathrooms while at school. Summers I was a lifeguard, swim instructor and built houses.

Was the work I did in school what I do now? I still do some of it, but not most of it.

Working forty hours a week or more and still going to school full time is possible.

And last, but not least, I would pray for God's blessing. He has helped me pay for school when all I did was not enough.

Barry is a Catholic school; do they not have access to Catholic charities, or other religious based funding for students?

There are also student loans available that are not through the government programs; Wachovia, Bank of America, to name two may provide student loans that are not government subsidized

I agree with Fire...Deliver pizzas...sling burgers, be a gas jockey? It doesn't have to be related to what you are studying.
The other plus is if your working while going to school...when someone has a look at your CV...its shows your not scared of work. Plus you might actually get out of school with less money to pay back.

Just my 2 pennies...

U/O

The OP may very well be working, or trying to get a job; the market is terrible. Many jobs formerly held by students are now taken by adults who are out of work, laid off, or terminated due to the economy.

I'm sorry to be harsh but your spelling and grammar need help. If I read anything from you and I was making the decision on whether to help you, based on your spelling alone, I would deny the request. That's harsh but it's the reality of the business world. Sloppy work means no pay.

Ok I left out a little Imput let me clarify, Harsh on spelling I was in the USMC before going to school. MARINE stands 4 Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Esential. This isnt a formal request for you to give me money, I hade a job at the school dive locker and anyone who knows anything about Barry knows its in Little Hatti part of Maimi if you dont speak spanish or French no job for you. My dive quals arnt high enough to work out in the feild yet even though I have courses in Dive Science and Dive Tech and Mangment im certified for open and advanced. My dive lab fees alone for fall semester 1,000 dollars. Thanks to President Obama students in school must have a cosighner to get student loans. He gave more money but took away other ops
barry.edu/diving/degreePlan.htm there is required class if anyone wants to check it out further.

Skiz...to add to Herk's point, while I'm sure you didn't come here to get beat up on, it's never too early to start planning for the real world. I hire and deal with a lot of professional people, one of the biggest issues manager's face now is the inability of so many young people to communicate effectively in writing. I understand this is a message board, but when you broach the subject of professional advice, it is a good idea to put forth a professional image. Spelling is one thing and we are guilty of poor spelling on the interwebs, but more important to me is using punctuation and complete ideas in your writing, not doing so implies to a hiring manager that you are just another internet age kid who reads and writes in text or facebook language.

Arduro is right, the economy is rough right now and whether it's now or in a couple years, you will be entering the job market. Set yourself apart from your peers, in my opinion that bar is pretty low, so take the opportunity to jump over it. Good luck with school. Hope you find a way to pay for it.

I would listen to the posts above about better spelling and grammar particularly in your emails, cover letters and correspondences to potential employers or patrons. If you sound intelligent and professional, you are likely to obtain an employment position or funding more easily. Presenting yourself as diligent and professional will go a long way. Maybe take a few seconds proof reading emails and letters before you send them. I'm not saying brains are better than brawn, but why not try to have both?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom