Any Ideas Guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea Bouncing out the question I'm only 5'6, I wish the school was located more in down town Miami but its in a neighbor hood of little Haiti witch makes it hard to get around. I applied to various places but since i didn't speak Spanish they wouldn't hire me even Walmart.

Before I decided to go to school I was in Motorsports Sales, I was really good at it too but the economy went for the nose dive and sales dropped off. Cant live off money that people are not spending. Thats when I made up my mind to go to college.

Yea Bouncing out the question I'm only 5'6, I wish the school was located more in down town Miami but its in a neighbor hood of little Haiti witch makes it hard to get around. I applied to various places but since i didn't speak Spanish they wouldn't hire me even Walmart.

Dude - I genuinely appreciate your service to our country!

That said, please take this as constructive advice, not a personal criticism:

I would sincerely recommend you invest the time (and money if necessary) getting your writing skills up to par for a college student. It is not inconceivable that Walmart would pass on hiring you due to your English skills, not your Spanish skills

There's a great many people looking for jobs, and as a hiring manager I can tell you that a single misspelled word on a job application is plenty of reason to move you from the "maybe" pile into the trash can.

You deserve better than that, but you're the only one who can do anything about it.

Best regards - Ray

Check with the VA.They have links to employers who give preference to veterans.

RJP all Walmart apps are computerized questions multiple choice. What you smart people with perfect English skills fail at is clearly the common sense of you never turn in anything your write the first time. You always have someone check over your work. Then you rewrite it, you Ass-ume that I would turn something that hasn't been proof read or checked. That leads me to believe that you are not a very intuitive thinker. I thought divers were supposed to be constantly assessing the situation? Well a lot of your assessments lead you to be mislead. By your first assumption that to leads you to the conclusion that this is how I always type. Shows about how critical your thinking is. I don't think I would hire anyone to do anything with diving if they couldn't critically think. Or in that matter be around them to dive there a danger to themselves and those around them. So before you start writing think things through. They are not always the way they seem. Its a forum not a resume, paper, or a application. LET'S GET BACK TO THE POINT HERE!

My engerneering program doesn't even cost that much here at FIT! What year student are you? If your 21 you can get private loans on your own. Talk with Financial aid, maybe they give you a few thousand more in school aid. I had a buddy who maintined a 4.0 GPA here at FIT, and they actually pay him to continue coming here (about a 1,000 a semester). I don't feel bad throwing away 7000 a year here at FIT because my B.S in Aerospace should open alot of doors. Really add up all those college costs and make sure the jobs you could get after will pay them off. Theres alot of Marine bio students here who pay full tuition and believe they will make 50-60K and have awesome jobs playing with dolphins. Unfortunately those jobs are hard to come by.

Since you are a marine, you should be able to claim independant on your tax forms which will give you another 7000 or so in Stafford loans plus you'll be eligible for around a 2500$ credit I think for school. MY roommate is in the national gaurd. It gets him through school and gets him in the water every weekend.

Well thanks there Mike that was about the most tactful way I have seen anyone put it man.
Ooohraah

Not a problem. The least we can do is help the guys who put their lives on the line.

With a little work, you will be able to field strip a paragraph as fast as an M-16. And make no mistake: In the civilian world, language is your weapon.

I worked with a guy who used to be a bouncer. He was your height, skinny and had one hand so if he can survive attempted spearings (yes someone tried to spear him one night) and bashings I'm sure others of that size could. It's more about attitude.

Basically I don't know what else to suggest other than get a job or more than one. I worked nearly a full time job to get through university. Basically I got up at 8, went to uni until lunch worked about 7 hours and then studied until 2am for six years. I took a year off and worked full time for most of it in the middle of my degree. It's doable and I graduated with two degrees as well as Honours. Nearly killed me in the process but I'm raking it in now two years after college. I have $20k left to pay off so it could be a lot worse than just under $3k. Just what you have to do unless you have parents you can ask to loan or give you the money.

Oh and I never had to pray.

RJP all Walmart apps are computerized questions multiple choice. What you smart people with perfect English skills fail at is clearly the common sense of you never turn in anything your write the first time. You always have someone check over your work. Then you rewrite it, you Ass-ume that I would turn something that hasn't been proof read or checked. That leads me to believe that you are not a very intuitive thinker. I thought divers were supposed to be constantly assessing the situation? Well a lot of your assessments lead you to be mislead. By your first assumption that to leads you to the conclusion that this is how I always type. Shows about how critical your thinking is. I don't think I would hire anyone to do anything with diving if they couldn't critically think. Or in that matter be around them to dive there a danger to themselves and those around them. So before you start writing think things through. They are not always the way they seem. Its a forum not a resume, paper, or a application. LET'S GET BACK TO THE POINT HERE!

Not sure what you're saying, but I'm sure that you're sure you're right.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom