Any Ideas Guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the Grammer thing you guys its a messege board im not concered with that lets get back to the main point shall we?

I'm a Marine and therefore don't have to spell or communicate well is a poor excuse.

Try the reserves-they're hiring. If you don't like the Marines you could go into any of the other branches. It was PART of what I did to pay for college. I would say exhaust all your options before seaking out more loans/grants-you'll be happier in the long run.

Jobs I had while I was in school

"want fries with that?"
Bartender
Golfball diver
Muck jumper (dove into sewage to clean the grates)
Orderly
Mourge attendant
EMT
Dive instruction
Comercial Diver

(I was in school for a long time)

Not doing reserves they get deployed more then active units do. I did my deployments someone else's turn to go play in the desert!

A little more free advice-because I was a college student before and that's all I could aford- I looked at the program Diving Industry - Sport Management, Miami, Florida - Barry University and I must say you could do that without a degree. I am not sure what the payoff is for you. Is it the cost of this specific program or Barry in general that is so $$$?

You could go to a state univesity and save a huge bundle. It is better to be able to say 'I graduated from UM' then to say 'I attended Barry for 2 1/2 year'.

I'm not a Florida resident so the cost would be pretty close to the same for me being a out of state student. Second off Barry students are the only one in the world with this degree. All Seniors I know have great jobs leaving Barry. Not only that Goverment funding wont cover 1 penny of lets say other programs like that and the other programs dont have a fall back such as sports mangment or buissness.

Hello,
My name is Daniel, Im in college right now studing Sports Mangement Dive Industry with a minor in buissness. The is a problem I have encountered the overwhelming cost of doing this I love the major I love the instructors. The cost of the program last semester cost me 18200, i am still trying to figure out where to come up with the 2,794 dollars to pay my remaining balances. I have searched every knoock and crany of the web for Diver related scholarships they just dont really exist unless your a Gradute level student. I suppose becouse I am in the only on of its kind in the world At Barry University in Miami Florida. Ive maxed out goverment funding school scholarships my major dont quilify for most of the scholarships out there so that limits me down. I would be willing to work for a contract period of time after I Finish for a company for funding. If there is any ideas or ways to help please
LET ME KNOW!:idk:

Hello Daniel,

I assume you are using your GI Bill benefits and need more. The $18,200 for a semester sounds outrageously high, but maybe that's what college costs these days.

If you are trying to get a job or funding based on your emails and letters, you need to improve your writing. People won't want to help you if your writing is bad, because they think you are just being careless. If you like, I will help you with your writing - PM me with your stuff and I will fix it for you and send it back (See Below).

Semper Fi
Mike

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hi Everyone. Let me introduce myself. My name is Daniel, I am a USMC veteran and currently a student at Barry University in Miami, Florida. I am studying Sports Management with a minor in business, and my goal is to work in the dive industry when I graduate.

I love my classes and my instructors and I am doing well in school, but the cost of the program last semester was $18,200 and I am having trouble finding the money to continue my studies. My goverment funding and school scholarships are not enough to pay my tuition and other costs.

I have researched dive-related scholarships and they don't seem to be available for undergraduate programs. I have also tried to think of other ways to meet this challenge. For example, in return for educational funding, I would be willing to agree to work for an organization after I graduate.

If anyone here can offer some constructive ideas I would very much appreciate them.

Respectfully,
Daniel

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Well thanks there Mike that was about the most tactful way I have seen anyone put it man.
Ooohraah

Get a job. Get multiple jobs if you have to. I got a lot of jobs where I could work at night and study at the same time. I got a job at the library stacking books and servicing the copy machines. I could study on the job. I also got a job doing laboratory experiments. This was cool because I could work at night while everyone else was sleeping and study while the experiments were running. I also got jobs on the weekend working security or bouncing for bars and parties. I didn't sleep much between school and working multiple jobs. Good luck.

I am just curious... you list your occupation as "sales". What are you selling? And how much experience do you have in sales?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom