Any ideas on a good, reasonable priced regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

softballer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for an entry level regulator/octo that is easy to breath and doesn't break the bank.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

I used a Aqua Lung Titan for my training and it was great. I would highly recommend it.

Sherwood Brut

The Titan is a great inexpensive reg.

I suggest either buying the Titan LX Supreme or if you buy the plain Titan get it environmentally sealed. That can be done after market.

You'll want the sealed reg for cold water diving.

I've had mine in water at 38 degrees without any problems.

Realize that it has only 1 high pressure port. Not a problem for most divers but just know it up front.

Last edited:
Sherwood Brut

IMHO

I dislike the brut because it is designed to leak air. I had one in florida a couple weeks back and I was always thinking something was leaking. I am too new to diving to differentiate between leaking as intended and leaking as in oh crap.

I guess if you owned it you would get a feel for that but it bothered me. Also I noticed the exhaust more with the brut than the titan.

Anybody like Cressi products? That is primarily what my dive shop sells and that is what we are using both as a BC and a regulator (I am going to find out the model next session)

I have the Titan. I've only had the chance to test out in the pool so far, but way better than any rental reg I've used

I have the Titan. I've only had the chance to test out in the pool so far, but way better than any rental reg I've used

Interesting - have you ever tried a Cressi reg?

I am really curious as to what we are using, I sent my instructor an email hopefully I can find out soon.

There are lots of good regs out there. Be sure that you consider MARES, OCEANIC and EDGE/HOG.

Back
Top Bottom