Any ideas on a good, reasonable priced regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a new cressi ac10 regulator off e-bay for 160 bucks, 88 for the octo through leisure pro and 40 for the spg off of ebay. tested it all, tried it in the pool, works great, but breaths a little wet upside down.

Try the Atomic Aquatics Z2x...

That's the primary issue - also acts as safeguard against silt infiltration and salt buildup.

If there's any chance that you'll dive water below 45f, may as well buy an environmentally sealed regulator now, or at least one that has the option to add the kit later.

If you scroll down the main page a bit, you will find an entire section of this board devoted to equipment, and a section within that devoted to regulators. You will find a wealth of information there.

These have been getting rave revies from a number of my friends. They use them mainly for deep cold water diving so they should be good for just about anything you can throw at them. Hard to beat for the price.

HOG Gear D1 Regulator Set - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Be forewarned that if you ask your LDS about these you will likely get a very unfavorable response (unless they're HOG dealers). Ask around to people who use themthough and you'll hear good things.

I am considering the HOG regulator and price is not my limiting factor. Maybe it's something you could look into.

Back
Top Bottom