Any one have any lobster viz reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeerCreekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any lobster viz reports? Any one? Any one? Is shore diving still diving by Braille?

We had outstanding viz in the SouthBay.

Kinda shocked. We were pretty deep and had a rocking night - a bag o bugs, lots to see.

A great dive.

-K

Can't speak to shore diving, but we had a helluva good time out at Catalina on the Mr. C! 39 bugs among 16 divers. I got three myself, and a couple people limited. The vis was OUTSTANDING! Best I've seen a long time. And the water was a balmy 66 degrees, even at 74 fsw.

Malibu looked pretty milky and green when I drove by to check it out yesterday (2PMish). I think it will still be diving by braille.

LeeAnne is right - Catalina was awesome!

I was out in Malibu Friday at midnight and we had up to 5ft at a spot we do well at. Enough to see bugs, but my buddy and i were split for good as soon as I saw my first. Some light surge made it more fun (we were only 20-30 ft deep). Went to Escondito at about 9am just to see what I would see Saturday morning and had a solid 10 inches of vis so called the dive. Wish I had gone to PV instead now, but live and learn I guess.

I helped out with a rescue diver class at the beach off of Malibu Rd on Sunday. Visibility was probably 3 to 5 feet at best. Not looking for bugs, but it would have been hard to see them until you were right on top of them. I went out snorkeling at Big Dume the weekend before and viz was pretty low then as well (maybe 6 to 8 feet at most)

Lots of divers out in Malibu over the weekend

Catalina had great vis. Night dive for bugs on Magician opening night. Most bugs were in the 70+ foot range. My first bug hunt and I came home with two.

My son and I tried Deercreek this morning....it was so bad, he was the one who thumbed the dive (thank God). Sunny skies all around, except for the surrounding area. Rainy, windy and the sea looked very uninviting. Lobsters are safe for yet another couple of days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom