Any one tried divecomputer.eu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For half of that price maybe (that is the politic of divecomputer.eu) ...otherwise every single diver and their dogs will go for a Shearwater. There's not a single reason of why I would spend 1000 bucks on something that isn't a Perdix AI,

Nothing wrong with your opinion.

Personally I wouldn't invest in the Divecomputer-eu, purely because it's a new brand, I've seen a couple of new PDC's appear then not live up to expectations or teh company get sold etc etc. And of course it's not AI

Certainly within the US there is a huge Shearwater following, and outside too. OSTC has been around a while and within the tech community are very well respected too

For me there are things I don't like some things on the Perdix. I'm not a fan of the small screen, the display, only 2 transmitters and using an AA battery. These are all personal of course. If SW were to bring out a bigger screen I might change my mind

There are no transmitters that not are proprietary.

I also like the PPS transmitters, and they are proprietary too.
Magnus,

I think that you're challenging (correctly) the use of the term proprietary. Bravo.

I believe that everyone understands the idea of more than more brand sharing a transmitter type. Besides PPS, do any two computer brands share a common type transmitter?

Magnus,

I think that you're challenging (correctly) the use of the term proprietary. Bravo.

I believe that everyone understands the idea of more than more brand sharing a transmitter type. Besides PPS, do any two computer brands share a common type transmitter?

Not to my knowledge.

But I would love if there where some kind of standard regarding the transmitter, that would probably make the transmitters both smaller and cheeper.

Does this look familiar? Its from the Puluz website. PULUZ Waterproof Carrying and Travel Case for GoPro. They didn't have one made especially for them or their computer.
PULUZ.jpg

Well, I tried the device (too short the 7 days planned by them).

The construction looks pretty good, it looks great and well made. The handling is easy, the menus are user-friendly.

The readability is very good. The battery system is not bad, very simple. With normal AA battery, a single dive of more than 5 hours should be avoided... but when do you do this ?

I hadn't the opportunity to test in very deep dives, multi gas or CCR, so I abstain on this, but for air, it's without problem.

Surprising storage capacity (500 dives) but for the moment no possibility to upload to a PC. It is planned, the development with Mac Dive is in progress; they await a proposal from any other external logbook software which would do it for windows or linux systems.

I have to say, however, that this is not something for a beginner, given the many adjustment possibilities, including the gradient factor, that can be risky if you don't know what you're doing....

In summary, for the price, I find it very interesting.

Well, I tried the device (too short the 7 days planned by them).

The construction looks pretty good, it looks great and well made. The handling is easy, the menus are user-friendly.

The readability is very good. The battery system is not bad, very simple. With normal AA battery, a single dive of more than 5 hours should be avoided

I won't last more than 5 hours using a normal AA battery?!?!

I think a Shearwater Perdix AI will last 20 or 30 hours on a battery, with no issue. How can this computer be so short-lived that a single dive of 5 hours would be of any concern at all??

Yeah.. I think it's very strange, 5 hours only goes beyond anything acceptable for a technical computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom