Any rumors on the Garmin descent mk3 display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found this on the Garmin Mexican site:

010-02752-11 DESCENT MK3I, GRIS CARBON DLC TI/NEGRO 473,39
010-02753-04 DESCENT MK3S, ACERO GRIS 341,28
010-02753-11 DESCENT MK3SI, GRIS CARBON DLC TI/NEGRO 396,33
010-02753-14 DESCENT MK3SI, PVD TI/GRIS 396,33

Found this on the Garmin Mexican site:

010-02752-11 DESCENT MK3I, GRIS CARBON DLC TI/NEGRO 473,39
010-02753-04 DESCENT MK3S, ACERO GRIS 341,28
010-02753-11 DESCENT MK3SI, GRIS CARBON DLC TI/NEGRO 396,33
010-02753-14 DESCENT MK3SI, PVD TI/GRIS 396,33
Interesting. Of course, it has been removed. Too late Garmin, too late.

Four computers, the S versions features AI. I don't see a solar version, which makes me wonder if the screens are AMOLED. The repair prices are also very high, I wonder what else these machines are packing.

Anyway, if the repair prices are already set, I think it's a matter of a few days to announcement and release.

I don't use AI (although I am very interested), and have 4 Petrel 1s. I am not interested in getting a Garmin computer because it wouldn't work well with my tech diving (I need a massive screen!). But I use Garmin as my sports and health tracking watch, and I am a bit familiar with how releases have been done in the past years. Garmin is very discreet and usually manages to stop leaks (very detrimental for their business model) - they announce very suddenly and quickly follow with a release. I think DEMA will be interesting for Garmin, one month from now.

Heres a screenshot
MK3 Screenshots.png

let's see if it justifies (in a logical pov probably not) to upgrade from a mk2. I would like to have amoled and a slighly smaller size, similar to epix 2.

Reading Garmins caption at their booth for DEMA:

Garmin is always innovating and developing technologies to enhance your diving experience. We have a solution for every diver – with solar charging options for extended battery life to air-integrated options so you can track tank pressure for you and your dive buddy. No matter your preference, all of our watches offer a number of diving features, as well as multisport training and smart features for your life above water.

Reading Garmins caption at their booth for DEMA:

Garmin is always innovating and developing technologies to enhance your diving experience. We have a solution for every diver – with solar charging options for extended battery life to air-integrated options so you can track tank pressure for you and your dive buddy. No matter your preference, all of our watches offer a number of diving features, as well as multisport training and smart features for your life above water.
It doesn't say much really. These apply to the current MK2, MK2s, and G1.

Just noticed that Garmin is issuing up to a $200 rebate with MK2 purchases.

"1. Purchase a qualifying Descent G1 series dive computer or Descent Mk2 series dive computer from Nov. 1, 2023,through Nov. 30, 2023, and receive $50, $100 or $200 via rebate when submitting your rebate online atGarminrebates.com. Limit one rebate per customer."

"1. Purchase a qualifying Descent G1 series dive computer or Descent Mk2 series dive computer from Nov. 1, 2023,through Nov. 30, 2023, and receive $50, $100 or $200 via rebate when submitting your rebate online atGarminrebates.com. Limit one rebate per customer."
It should be revealed in DEMA...

Now that's interesting! Thanks for sharing. confirms that we might be looking at a release this month - although the last time in April nothing followed. On the other hand, why rebate for G1? It's confusing, especially that it has been selling quite well.

Classic Garmin move, just further confirms that we might be looking at a release this month - although the last time in April nothing followed. On the other hand, why rebate for G1? It's confusing, especially that it has been selling quite well.
While there probably will be a release later this month. The rebate doesn't necessarily signal that it's coming. They offer a similar rebate fairly regularly. I picked up my MK2s back in May or June last year when the rebate was on. G1 was included as well, and it was the new model at the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom