Any rumors on the Garmin descent mk3 display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The US Garmin website lists the large MK3i at $100 more than the MK2i.
Yes, I was just comparing the watch-only MSRP in the US, which is a $100 difference.
In Sweden Mk3i is roughly 28% more expensive than the Mk2i. In the Euro zone it is roughly 18% more expensive. While the $100 extra in the US is about 7%.

I think it's mainly a question of the US dollar being more expensive now. When the Mk2i was released the dollar was cheaper and the the price reflects that old exchange rate. The price of the Mk3i likely reflects the current exchange rate.

i bought the mk2 for 1,2k if I am not mistaken, and now the mk3i for 1,65k. Ithe mk2i would cost something around 1,4k, so it is a near 18% increase.

quite shocking!!! so shockingly have bought it...

I was surprised they didn't include the latest version of the heart rate sensor (the Elevate 5), allowing ECG and skin temp readings, that they've put in the latest Epix, Fenix, and many other watches. Why would they skip that here?
I have a Descent G1 with the Elevate 4 sensor. I did a stress test with my cardiologist (benign heart issue that we keep an eye on every few years) this morning. I tracked the treadmill session on my watch with the EKG machine screen right in front of me the whole time. In 10 minutes, the Garmin and the EKG readout were never more than 1-2 BPM apart. I’ve always heard wrist-based HR monitors were not particularly reliable, but my results this morning made me feel better about that. Do we know for sure the Mk3i at least has the Elevate 4?

Curious if anyone has seen if the DLC coating on the mk3i 51mm is as bad as it was on the mk2i 52mm
only concern in astetics [not a fan of a scratch and show] maybe I am the old fool who still likes the stainless steel look and does not mind the grams of extra weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom