Any Suggestions For A Mask That Fits Wide Faces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d_aviddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I tried the search and nothing recent.

Started diving in 1998 & got lucky with my first mask - a two lens Oceanmaster, with purge .
)Subsequently I removed the purge and filled in the opening with silicon.

Got smart a couple years later and bought a duplicate mask for backup.

Got unlucky a year ago and the original mask (by now the backup) was dropped and broke.

I've tried a bunch of masks from buddies, bought a couple from stores, and they all leaked badly.

I have a wide face - just measured the distance between my pupils at 73mm ,& according to Wikipedia, is "weird-wide".

I'm waiting for a call from Oceanmaster, but if any of you have a similar issue and solved it, I would love the input.

To complicate it a bit, I would prefer a low volume two lens mask.

Thanks!

I have a wider face and recently switched to the DGX frameless mask. I'm just delighted with it. It's replacing a much more expensive mask that always leaked. 71mm for me, for comparison.

+1 on the Dive Gear Express masks. I've got a wide face too and their masks work well.

Masks | Dive Gear Express®

Tusa Freedom HD. A great mask.The Tusa Visualator was even wider, but is no longer available, though I'm sure there are still some around. I have a wide face, and both fit very nicely, though they are single lens masks. Either is too wide for a smaller face.

Most masks run small in order to be as unisex and universal as possible. Those of us with wide faces have had problems with masks ever since they began to shrink in the 1980s. Finding the big Tusas was a happy day for me. I have backups for both that I keep in the airtight wrap they came in.

Evo Cabo from Divers Direct is the same mask, with one really small difference, as the Tusa Visulator. I own both. I have since gone to Sherwood with no problems.

The Edge Stealth 2 mask seems to fit wide faces pretty well. I have in stock the black, white, and clear. Price is 39.95 plus shipping. Here's the kicker when buying a mask from me on line- if it doesn't fit send it back for a refund of the purchase price minus shipping within two weeks with no damage, scratches, or missing parts. Water spots are ok. If you cleaned the mask so it would not fog? No problem.

Though I don't sell them the Atomic subframe and a couple of the Hollis masks also seem to be made for wide faces. I have tried numerous masks in an effort to find one that works for the opposite problem - narrower face (plus some age lines).

Evo Cabo from Divers Direct is the same mask, with one really small difference, as the Tusa Visulator. I own both. I have since gone to Sherwood with no problems.
I have a very wide face, a big head with an 8 hat size and the rest in proportion. I've found the Tusas best for very wide faces like mine of those that I've tried. I haven't tried everything, but I've suffered through enough so-called wide masks to appreciate the generous fit of the two Tusas I mentioned. Great sealing also.

I dive with a Tusa Visualator also but in the store a Cressi Big Eyes seemed like it would work also.

Back
Top Bottom