Any Vancouver Islanders Out There??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
Hey I live near Parksville and even have my own compressor.
Let me know next time you're in town.

cheers,
New to SB but loving it. I am going to do a big road trip. I`ve never been to BC and want to do some diving. I`ve been diving 3 years, 150 dives. I have 7mm suit and look foward to some great diving. Is this a good time for diving? Any tips and will you be around mid July? Wanna show me the area? Thanks. Kevin 415Gem 37 yo

There is a small group of us who go out about once a week for a local shore dive (in fact I think they should be splashing in right this minute). Let me know when you get near central VI and we'll give you our itinerary.

cheers,
Dave...

wedivebc:
Hey I live near Parksville and even have my own compressor.
Let me know next time you're in town.

cheers,

So, if most shops on the Island are filling for $100.00 unlimited for the year. Why do you bother with your own compressor? Just curious.

Henry

Henry:
So, if most shops on the Island are filling for $100.00 unlimited for the year. Why do you bother with your own compressor? Just curious.

Henry

1. The nearest dive store is half hour away.

2. quality control

3. blend my own nitrox and trimix

4. Got a good deal on it.

cheers,

Some questions for you. Some local divers around Vancouver are balking at the fill prices and have been talking for quite a while abnout getting a private fill station. (all tech divers, not recreational).

Where do you get your mix from? O2 and Helium. What do you do about liability when you fill your friends' tanks.

Thanks
Henry

Henry:
Some questions for you. Some local divers around Vancouver are balking at the fill prices and have been talking for quite a while abnout getting a private fill station. (all tech divers, not recreational).

Where do you get your mix from? O2 and Helium. What do you do about liability when you fill your friends' tanks.

Thanks
Henry
PM me with those questions

Hi, I dive regularly around victoria and area, and gotta say i love the diving here.(although so far, this is the only place i have dived so far)
Furthest north I have been is madrona pt. which is an excellent site.

Travis*N:
Hi, I dive regularly around victoria and area, and gotta say i love the diving here.(although so far, this is the only place i have dived so far)
Furthest north I have been is madrona pt. which is an excellent site.
You should try getting up north of Campbell River. Whole different eco system up there. Even Madrona has different stuff than Victoria. I'm lucky Madrona is only a 10min drive for me.

cheers,

I'm hoping to do a bunch of shore dives in the Gulf Islands/Nanaimo/Campbell River area this summer. So far most of my dives have been in Victoria. See my website below to see what the diving down this end of the island is like.

Dive-4-life:
Hey, im new to scubadiving and am just about to start my certicfication course, i was just wondering if there are any vancouver island divers on this board, or better yet, any they dive around union bay.

Just joined scuba board, and I dive nanaimo- lemmee know if anyone is interested in diving the Saskatchewan in July 2004.

Back
Top Bottom