Anybody dive at Deep Creek Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Goat Show

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences diving at Deep Creek Lake in McHenry Maryland. Where is the closest shop? What to expect from the dive? Where in the Lake should I dive? Any general advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

The Goat Show:
I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences diving at Deep Creek Lake in McHenry Maryland. Where is the closest shop? What to expect from the dive? Where in the Lake should I dive? Any general advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
I found this at:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jrusse2/mdsites.html

Deep Creek Lake – 3900 acre lake 70' max. depth. Summer temperatures are 74 degree surface, 50-55 at depth. Visibility, averaging around 25' is usually best until July. Items found here include collectibles, bottles, anchors. There is an old truck with wood spoke wheels, some houses where artifacts have been found, and a covered bridge in 30 feet of water that no one seems to be able to locate find somewhere in here. Area was a farm 75 years ago. Monster sized carp that have been reported over 5 feet long. Dives are typically conducted from boat after May ($35). Altitude diving (2462' elevation). (info. Provided by Denny Savage). Contact Breathe Deep Scuba (301) 387-8035.

The Goat Show:
Thanks

Sorry to say, but I think Breathe Deep Scuba is no more. We went there last July on vacation (with all our gear except tanks), and wanted to try diving, but drove around for 1/2 an hour, and saw no sign of the shop. Did some snorkeling though. Water temp was in the 60's, vis was around 10 ft. (but it had rained before we got there). My advice is, if you go there prepared (tanks, and all) please dive during the weekdays. The weekends bring out the nuts in their boats, and personal watercraft, who have no idea what a dive flag means.
Just my $.02 worth.
Gene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom