Anybody good with Nudibranchs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Helmut Debelius has a very good book of Nudibranches of the Indo Pacific and Indian Oceans. I bought one in the Philippines so maybe it's near you too.

Hank49:
Helmut Debelius has a very good book of Nudibranches of the Indo Pacific and Indian Oceans. I bought one in the Philippines so maybe it's near you too.

Neville Coleman’s 1001 Nudibranchs (Catalogue of Indo-Pacific Sea Slugs) is another good ID book.

Chad_Ordelheide:
I saw this one last Monday, but I don't know the name!

Halgerda malesso is probably right. OTOH, the Halgerda malessos pictured in Debelius is very different from the ones shown in the seaslugforum.

Question: Do Nudibranchs and Seaslugs not have common names. I have only seen scientific names posted?

Chad_Ordelheide:
Question: Do Nudibranchs and Seaslugs not have common names. I have only seen scientific names posted?

* Little White and yellow guy

* Little stripped blue guy

* Two horned little orange guy

* Watermelon Jellybelly colored guy

* Little furry FedEx colored guy (AKA: Spanish Shawl, AKA Nudibranchus Shawlspanishus, I think...)

* Fat little yellow cotton tail guy

you know - common names. The most common names for Nudi's are "little" and "guy". :11ztongue

Anytime I can be of further assistance, you know my number...

---
Ken
Dr. Science

Chad_Ordelheide:

Some do have commonly accepted name, i.e. Hexabranchus sanguineus/Spanish Dancer. Neville Coleman gives them common names in his book but I think he just makes them up as he goes along. :wink:

Vie:
Neville Coleman gives them common names in his book but I think he just makes them up as he goes along. :wink:

Well I hope he's better at it than Ken!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom