Anyone check out apple.com today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they are very good at the design with a technology that someone already invented. They know the market and can read the customer's mind.

being a geeky sort of person (and a mac user) I'm scrapping the AI wireless computer fund and renaming it to the 'iphone fund' so far £1 saved :-D

this is the plan or prototype. If you read the fine print on one of their pages, here's what is says....

"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

so, cool, yes....otherwise, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Apple usually irritates me with their simplistic ideas about who we are and how we work & play. Not to mention their mis-leading ads, however, this device is hot!
I am sure I'll see lots of them at the airports.
They will certainly make inroads into the Blackberry crowd if they can eventually integrate it with the email systems that companies have.
If they had this a few months ago, they would have sold a lot at Christmas, but maybe that was intentional to make sure they flush through a few more ipods.

k4man:
this is the plan or prototype. If you read the fine print on one of their pages, here's what is says....

"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

so, cool, yes....otherwise, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
If they had submitted the iPhone for FCC authorization, then news of the phone would have leaked as those applications are public knowledge. Apple loves the fanfare of keynote speeches and new product intros. They are very tight lipped about what is coming down the pipe. . .

Steve Jobs essentially said this in the keynote... The phone isn't out until June, which is an insane amount of lead time for Apple to announce something, but they knew they had to put it in for FCC approval, which makes pics and instruction manuals part of the public record. That's where a lot of the technology news sites troll to see what phones are coming soon. They decided they'd rather announce it than have real details leak via the FCC.

BTW the keynote, with lots of video of the phone in action, is available from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/keynote/

I think I'm going to hold off. I'm not real enthused about paying what Cingular wants for data, and if I'm going to use Cingular, I want the faster UMTS technology, not EDGE, which is what the iPhone supports. Now when the next generation of iPhone hits with the faster speeds, and probably cooler features, I'll probably bit then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom