Anyone dive without a snorkel on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
.... the re-breather snorkel

Okay, now THAT'S FUNNY!
:lol: :monkeydan
But, does it fit in your BC pocket?

I have snorkels, those are the things the kids use for watching us underwater...right??

Tamas:
....not since OW :D
It's good to have one in rough seas, Oceanic is what I use; the pocket snorkle works well for me you just fold it up and store it away till needed.:monkeydan

I saw one on the list of required equipment for an ice diving class the other day.

Context pretty much decides whether I use one or not... not on boat dives, regardless of swell, but sometimes when shorediving in the summer with a long surface swim at places like Pt Lobos (Monterey CA area) and kelp so thick you have to crawl over/in it, the snorkatola is much appreciated.

But as this thread has made obvious, everybody's milage varies.

I cant picture a single situation where a snorkel would be needed. Ok...ok ok ok:huh: .....

Nope :D

wilkie:
Mine lives in the bottom of my dive bag. A snorkle can be usefull every now and then,
but they can be a pain 100% of the time.

Ditto. And if they rotate on the strap, (as mine did, during my AOW cert dives), it will make your mask just constantly flood. My snorkel stays in my boat bag. I've never found a use for it.

Curt Bowen:
I would not wear a snorkel if someone gave me one made of solid gold. Snorkels are good for two things.

1. snorkeling
2. cant think of a second

2. Imprompto blow gun with figs. Better than paintball.

Stan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom