Anyone else hooked on Battlestar Galactica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have shown a couple of episodes on regular TV ... just Awesome!
I watched the original (and liked it) but I like the new one and I am glad that it is Not like the old one
Originally Posted by Thalassamania
BSG is something completely different than the general models of either Star Trek or Star Wars. It's dark, personal and relevent. It's the best thing to happen to Science Fiction in a long, long time.
That pretty much sums up the way I feel too :D

Dang regular TV channels, they just had to show only a couple of episodes .. why not carry the series!

D_B:
Dang regular TV channels, they just had to show only a couple of episodes .. why not carry the series!
D_B, you don't need the regular TV channels. You can download all of the episodes with no commercials.

Repeat after me: Bit Torrent is my friend.

Daryl Morse:
Azza, this is an easy problem to solve. You can download all of the episodes using a bit torrent client. There are torrents already packed up for each season. The latest episodes are usually available within a few hours of being aired. PM me if you want more info.
Daryl this is something I am not really familiar with.
Now my boss was trying to download season 2 of Prison Break and the episodes were not what they stated they were. He was using Limewire or morpheus I think.
Is there something better????
Its been over a year since season 1 of BSG was aired here and I am hanging out to see the others.

Daryl Morse:
D_B, you don't need the regular TV channels. You can download all of the episodes with no commercials.

Repeat after me: Bit Torrent is my friend.

Or you could do it legally, and buy/rent/borrow the DVD sets for the first 2 seasons, and buy current season episodes off of iTunes.

That's what I did to get into it... Borrowed the first 2 seasons from a friend, and then used iTunes to get caught up to the then current episode. I had seen an episode or two before I did that, but it's a bit hard to get into without seeing the miniseries (which is part of the season 1 DVD set).

For those watching on SciFi, note that when it comes back in January (1/21) , it's now going to be on Sunday nights. And if you've missed a Season 3 episode, it looks like they're playing them all during the day on 1/15 (MLK day)

edit: doh. Missed that Azza was a Kiwi, making legal options less likely to be possible.

Ya a few lessons you learn early is to stay away from compressed archives. Those tend to be fake most often. I can vividly remember trying to grab something and it turned out to be, and I'm not kidding: gay "attractive and successful african americans" from outer space.
Never clicked the x faster in my life.
Oh and ya BSG is the best show on now (although the shield is starting soon so it's a tie).

Azza:
Daryl this is something I am not really familiar with.
Now my boss was trying to download season 2 of Prison Break and the episodes were not what they stated they were. He was using Limewire or morpheus I think.
Is there something better????
Its been over a year since season 1 of BSG was aired here and I am hanging out to see the others.

Bittorent with the Azureus client works well.

Thalassamania:
Bittorent with the Azureus client works well.
I have started downloading this software. where do I find torrents?
I have never used it before.
Cheers

Azza:
I have started downloading this software. where do I find torrents?
I have never used it before.
Cheers
Try www.piratebay.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom