Anyone else hooked on Battlestar Galactica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb

Hoser/English Translator, eh
Reaction score
Best show on TV. Season three opener was phenomenal.

Like many "fans", I find it highly irritating that less and less scifi makes it into the show, to be replaced with "hard-hitting drama". Still, we shoulder on in the hopes of seeing an occasional spacecraft or watching some snippets of dialogue in the hangar bay. I've heard that CGI for the show is prohibitively expensive, severely limiting it's implementation into episodes.

The miniseries pilot was remarkable, however. I think I've watched it like 10 times.

bwerb:
Best show on TV. Season three opener was phenomenal.

Yeah, actually, I love that show. So many people I work with were going on and on about how great it is, and I didn't really listen. Then I saw one episode and thought it was great. Went out and bought season 1 and 2 on DVD to catch up, and I finished watching them right before the season 3 premeire.
The funny thing was, when I brought home the dvds, my wife was rolling her eyes, saying "this is going to be stupid". After like 5 minutes she was completely hooked, and jumped up at the end of each DVD to put in the next one. I had to stop her after like 6.5 straight hours of BSG :)
The writers on that show have done a great job, can't wait to see what twists are coming up. And yes, the season opener was fantastic.

Dude...drama makes the sci-fi good. Best episodes were Pegasus and the Resurrection Ship (pt.1 and 2) episodes...

I don't mind drama in the scifi, but I would like to see at least a token amount of scifi in the drama. Heck, Eureka has more scifi in it!

Except for "downloaded" from season 2.5, I think the most highly rated eps were those with a prominent scifi component to them. Although many viewers got disgusted with all the flashbacks in "Scar". I think RDM went a bit overboard with that technique.

So...Baltar...implant, visions or simply nuts?

I am a HUGE fan. My first thought when they revived the series was, 'Hey I loved it as a kid, but's it's gonna get cheesy' Now, I'M GLAD I WAS SO WRONG!!! This is fantastic. The webisodes were kinda lame, but it's gonna get real interesting this season with so many quick changes between this season and the last.

archman:
I don't mind drama in the scifi, but I would like to see at least a token amount of scifi in the drama. Heck, Eureka has more scifi in it!

Except for "downloaded" from season 2.5, I think the most highly rated eps were those with a prominent scifi component to them. Although many viewers got disgusted with all the flashbacks in "Scar". I think RDM went a bit overboard with that technique.

sci-fi can afford to go in a dramatically different direction these days. besides, if they don't they tend to get cancelled. i.e. enterprise, firefly, etc.. Besides, EUREKA is pretty good so far too.

I think that if you combine all the "web episodes", you get less than 10 minutes of actual footage.

I want all the deleted scenes put back into the regular episodes, especially from season one. Some of them are quite useful to the plot.

Back
Top Bottom