Anyone else hooked on Battlestar Galactica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the 3rd season has come and gone. What was that, like 5 shows and now we have to wait until 2008 for the next new episode? Is SciFi trying to kill this show?

webhead:
So the 3rd season has come and gone. What was that, like 5 shows and now we have to wait until 2008 for the next new episode? Is SciFi trying to kill this show?

DVD movie should be released sometime in late 2007:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(DVD_movie)

the 2008 season was also expanded from 13 to 22 episodes.

and starbuck can't be a cylon...

Definitely a disappointing season after the Galactica warped onto New Caprica... hopefully there are no white flight suits and/or 'flying motorcycles' in the next season.

I was shocked, shocked I tell you, when that "2008" came across the screen.
That means my total time watching TV will be cut in half 'til '08.
Unless, of course, they quit running Firefly too, which is sorta fun in a frivolous sorta way. If they cut that one off... well, I will watch Auburn football next fall.
TV ain't what it used to be.
Rick

Rick,

Ditto on Firefly. Why they ever canceled that show is beyond me.

Even though I like the drama in Galactica, a few more explosions and ships would appeal to my "Y" chromosome. Yes, that a more of the red dress!

Seeing BSG will return in 2008 about broke my heart! I hope SciFi at least brings Ghost Hunters back on in the mean time.

Oh, there's not a lot of similarity between the 1978 version of BSG and the current one. If the daggit Muffey showed up on the new series, it'd likely be put out the airlock as a Cylon spy, along with Boxey for being a sympathizer. Much much darker and more real; only real similarities are some of the character names and the overarching concept of the last remnants of humanity fleeing the Cylon menace looking for Earth.

Overall I liked season 3. It got too character focused in the middle with the whole love rhombus thing with Apollo/Starbuck (I heard it referred to as Battlestar 90210 or The BG), but it had a good start and end.

Neat trivia: The scene with the sailing ship that Adm Adama destroyed a couple of episodes ago (Maelstrom) was ad-lib'ed by Edward James Olmos. He didn't know it wasn't a prop and was on loan from a museum and was valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Fordan:
The scene with the sailing ship that Adm Adama destroyed a couple of episodes ago (Maelstrom) was ad-lib'ed by Edward James Olmos.
I feel ill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom