Anyone else not dive on Sundays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String:
Thats not the impression i got from his post, as i said, he's quite entitled to state his opinion as much as anyone else and from what i can see thats all he was doing- no personal digs or anything of the sort.

If he believes anyone religious is a "fool" as you put it, fair enough, thats his right (personally i agree with him) however i dont see anything inflammatory in his post for anyone to get upset about.

Anyway, this thread is dengenerating and i dont really want to get involved in a flame war so unless anything is addressed specifically to me im going to bow out of this gracefully. Im diving this weekend (sat and sunday) and leave in 2.5 hours. Ive had 0 sleep so far so need to get at least an hour.
Obviously we see the post in question from different perspectives. The problem with email is that you don't see the facial expressions or the body language etc...all you have are the words. The semantics of the sentences can be picked apart and different conclusions drawn. I agree..I'm not up to arguing about beliefs and quite frankly I never was. I was responding to the statements printed by BlueDevil based on my conclusions. One thing I learned early in my Marine Corps career is that 'Perceptions are Reality'. IF it is possible for people to perceive a statement(email) in a negative fashion, don't send it unless you are planning for and expecting the backlash! I felt his email could easily be perceived as insulting...others, including BlueDevil (who sent me a pm) said that was not the intent at all. No problem I could life with that.

At any rate, happy and safe diving to all...whatever day you may go....

diverdoug57:
RJENS, I hope you are able to work this out. As an instructor, I have faced scheduling problems with some of my students. In your case, I would try to schedule the class on two consecutive Saturdays, if that is at all possible. Most of us have to work on Fridays and taking a day off for class is a bit of a problem. I know of no training requirement that requires the two days of training to be back-to-back. Talk to your LDS or instructor and see if this is possible. It might make it easier to find other students.

thanks all, This is most likely what I will be doing. Takes a little more coordination, but works for me. I want to acknowledge an instructor from the board that has offered to work with my schedule (thanks WileEDiver). One of the reasons I love diving is because it combines an awesome cool thing to do with great people.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom