Anyone from the greater Lansing area?? Need LDS info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I like Gilboa don't rule out the other quarries in the area. Especially when Gilboa is really, REALLY busy.

Portage and White Star are a couple of others to consider.

Well, after much checking around my wife and I have found a LDS (SSI) that we feel comfortable at and will begin our dive training on May 19th. I hope to have my OW cert by early June!

So, which one? :D
Ber :lilbunny:

ZZ's in Lansing. See you at Gilboa! :)

I think I've seen them at Gilboa, I know I've seen pink lead with "ZZ" on it :D Looking forward to getting a chance to meet you at the quarry! Enjoy your class!
Ber :lilbunny:

"When from anywhere in Michigan you are less than 55 miles from a Great Lake......"

From Lansing to the closest Great lake is about 83 miles (Bay City). Where did you get that info from seems I've heard it before. Along with something like we are never more then 10 miles from freshwater anywhere in Michigan. I'm not being a Richard Cranium just curious, as I hear these quoted from time to time and recall them so I may have actually read that somewhere else.

Anyhow, since this thread has been hijacked pretty good I'll aggree that the quarries with stuff placed in them are pretty interesting dives some inland lake dives can get pretty boring past the thermocline and the weeds thin out (Thinking Lake Chemung).

Well, ya know I too have heard it several times and it was again told by a presenter at the Seahorses show. The state of Michigan has even stated that in tourism propaganda.

I guess I never really checked it out for myself.

For me it is only about 100 feet to the edge of Thunder Bay. Thin ice on the bay this a.m.

Jeff

I drive past that lake every morning on my way in to work. What exactly is that puddle like underwater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom