Anyone going or done any dive trips overseas recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow... thats really good.... love this crispness!! :wink::wink:
Thanks! I am very happy with it. My photos are like my golf game. If I get 1 or 2 great shots then life is good.

This was taken with a canon G16 compact camera in a modified Meikon housing (hard wired manual strobe control) and a subsee +10 in jpeg. No RAW, no post processing. I am too lazy to screw with my pics.

Jim says "I've been stung in the past, WA setup and macro opportunities and vice verse." Haven't we all Jim.

Lucky I have limited imagination for WA or I would be kicking myself even more than I do now!

mola640.jpg
Jim says "I've been stung in the past, WA setup and macro opportunities and vice verse." Haven't we all Jim.

Lucky I have limited imagination for WA or I would be kicking myself even more than I do now!

One of my first u/w cameras was an Olympus 5050 - great little camera. The Oly housing had 67 mm threads on the lens port and I carried both macro and WA adapters on every dive. I could shoot anything with that rig.

I replaced the 5050 with an Olympus E-330 dslr. My first dive with the E-330, I mounted a Zuiko 50 mm macro lens. We dropped on a local wreck and discovered a school of juvenile Mola mola in the water column! Although I've seen solitary Molas, I've never seen them school since that day. I have a pretty good image of a Mola's eye taken with the macro setup.

A couple of years ago, I went WA on a dive in Cozumel. The dive guide found a frogfish (rare in Cozumel) smaller than my little fingernail. No, I didn't even try to take a picture with the 8mm fisheye!

I hate when that happens.

My dive buddy, Margaret has an even more bitter tale. She was shooting macro when a California gray whale came to play. She has a great picture of a barnacle on the whale's side.

And don't ask about the dolphin encounter when I was all set up with supermacro!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jim: If Diving photography was meant to be easy, the subjects would just lay around posing in 10m of clear, warm water with no current.

I was in Curacao in October, right after the hurricane just missed the island. I was happy to capture a Dark Mantis Shrimp (Neogonodactylus curacaoensis), something I've seen once or twice but never long enough to get a good photo.
sbdm1.jpg

Full gallery here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskG7NrrG . All shots EM10 w/60mm macro or 14-42.

Hi everyone... I just bought my OM-D EM-1 and will be diving with it for the very first time this upcoming weekend, can't wait! I have the Nauticam housing with a 12-50 lens, zoom gear, and a flip +5 macro lens.

I do however have photos from my recent trip to the Philippines, plus lots of pictures of my local diving in Vancouver, BC Canada with my old set-up... please stay tuned for photos taken with the new Oly. :)

If any of you are on FB, please add me as a friend, I am on there more often than SB.

Jody Lynn Clark | Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom