Anyone going out on Sunday, 9-13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cluck Buster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My son and I are planning our third Sunday off Venice this weekend and I was wondering if anyone else dives on Sundays. Our Saturdays are filled with youth football, 8am-5pm. We've gone straight off the pier the past two weeks, so my 7 yr old could meet other kids to play with, instead of just his mom, while his brother and I dive. We've had very meager pickings and I'm planning on taking the kayaks out to dive off of, but I'm hearing things about the artificial reef off Alhambra and think that swimming out just that far might be a better option.

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated, as would any company on Sunday.

P.S. the first tooth for either of us, my 12 yr old found a 3" meg in pretty good shape, with nice serrations. He's going to mount it for a necklace.

Use the kayaks off alhambra lol. I would but I m on the Kat boat Sunday so I ll be out in the deeper waters in the area. Just remember the jelly fish out there.

My son and I are planning our third Sunday off Venice this weekend and I was wondering if anyone else dives on Sundays. Our Saturdays are filled with youth football, 8am-5pm. We've gone straight off the pier the past two weeks, so my 7 yr old could meet other kids to play with, instead of just his mom, while his brother and I dive. We've had very meager pickings and I'm planning on taking the kayaks out to dive off of, but I'm hearing things about the artificial reef off Alhambra and think that swimming out just that far might be a better option.

Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated, as would any company on Sunday.

P.S. the first tooth for either of us, my 12 yr old found a 3" meg in pretty good shape, with nice serrations. He's going to mount it for a necklace.

A 3" meg for a necklace? Have it capped with gold, a CZ set in and a big gold chain.....the "scubagangsta" look!

There are good pickings by the pier, ya just gotta know where to look. Once I get into the shell area, past the 1st reef line I find quite a few. Small ones but they are there. The reef at Alhambra sits in 15 ft of water so it's a pretty easy swim out.

Hey all,
Sounds like you guys know how to have a little fun.
hope to stop by
jeff and susan harkey

Last edited:
I would have loved to have been able to make it, but I had promised to take the boys to the HS football game on Fri, and then we had to be up by 6am Sat for their football games (away). Hope it was great fun.

I appreciate the info! We've had pretty good results by the pier, just not much luck last week. My wife and youngest didn't find much on the beach that day either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom