anyone good at dealing with car sales guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shhhh ... don't let people know about historical plates/insurance :wink:

Ever since I started working on cars all day long, and am really not interested in working on mine when I get home (55 Studebaker Speedster)
A very old car will cost you money to get it into reliable daily driver condition , and also cost you in time to get it that way

I do have half ownership in in a 55 Daimler Ferret armored scout car that we restored and find it's way more fun to drive and gets more looks and questions than an old car

I haven't read the whole thread but I had a global tv news program on once talking about how at the end of the month at the dealership if they are short on their quotas it is better to get a deal.

Good Luck

Since you are buying a new car (vs. used), one of the things you are buying is dealer service. If they have a bad reputation - go elsewhere. That new car warranty is supposed to be good at any dealer, but their customers come first.

People get focused on MSRP. That's the wrong number to focus on find out what the dealer paid for it. Edmunds is a great place to do that.

For a really good informative plan for buying a car look at Fool.com: Stock Investing Advice | Stock Research. It's not hard to find on their website.

TwoBit

I do have half ownership in in a 55 Daimler Ferret armored scout car that we restored and find it's way more fun to drive and gets more looks and questions than an old car

I bet you get looks!! I'd probably take a picture if I saw one on the street. Or maybe wonder if I should going home for my rifle :wink:.

808707.jpg

One of my favorite questions that I get asked is "how much do you want your monthly payments to be?"
Either I don't answer or I tell them..."I want them to be ZERO!"

Don't negotiate with monthly payments in mind.

Also a trade-in CAN be OK if you do your research on what it is worth...again using Edmonds.com.
If you can reduce the amount of your total sale by the value of your trade-in, that makes initial sales tax a little better

whatever you do don't part with money on the day you forst look at the car. make notes of all the figures he/she quotes then take them home & spend some time with a calculator. get the car looked over by someone independant and go back to him with the question 'is that the best you can do'

DO NOT BE KEEN TO BUY

the more he pushes the less interested you should become - visit at the end of the month when he needs to boost his commission!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom