Wanted Anyone got used tanks for sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deleted. Mods took care of it.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved to Classifieds: Tanks, Valves & Bands.

Looking at wanting to get 2 more tanks. Anyone got any AL80s they are willing to part with?
Minnesota is the place Scubaboard forgot. The Midwest section of the board doesn’t even say we are a part of it.

Best bet: Facebook marketplace and Facebook groups including the “Minnesota Scuba Diving” and “Scuba Midwest Gear and Services” and “Midwest Scuba Swap”

Your LDS may know of used tanks for sale too.

Caveat Emptor - lots of the tanks for sale are ancient and will probably cost more than buying new when you factor in valves that at least need a rebuild plus Hydro + Vis. Or they are 6531 aluminum and can only be made into wind chimes. I don’t know if a shop that will fill 6531 even if they have eddy current documentation.

Paying to ship used tanks to you is almost always gonna kill the deal.

Why buy aluminum tanks for cold fresh water diving in Minnesota?
I dont have much knowledge when it comes to cylinders. What’s the difference between steel and aluminum? I used to aluminum 80s for my check dives and pool so that’s what I am used to.

Different weight and trim characteristics. You will no longer have to carry extra lead to compensate for the floaty AL80s. You'll also have a larger choice of tank dimensions and capacities.

Steel HP 100s are probably the most prevalent tanks in use. Find them used on bookface or Craigslist. New they are about $400, used can be anywhere from $100-250.

I have four steel HP120s and four steel lp95s for sale in Detroit. They all have fresh hydro this year. They would be $300 each shipped to a commercial address or $550 for a pair. Add $10 per tank if shipping to a residential address.
I also have a couple of aluminum super 80s and a few regular aluminum 80s.
Those would be $180 each shipped to you with fresh hydros.
I have a pile of 2018 hydro aluminum 80s that I would do for $160 shipped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom