Anyone have an updated Catalina dive condition report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive park today was still a little dicey due to surge although decent vis in the morning (possibly as high as 55 ft vertical) based on reports I heard down there. I stayed high and dry.

Thanks for all the updated reports. It sounds like the conditions are favorable right now, so hopefully they stay like that for the weekend.

I am looking to rent a tank, hood, wetsuit, gloves and boots but am having a hard time finding somewhere that rents the gloves, hood and boots. Can anyone tell me somewhere where I can rent these items? I have a hood, boots and gloves, but figure I need something thicker than my warm water gear.

Scubasaint, it's relatively warm for us. If you change out your boots, you might need to change out your fins. Can you fit wool or polartec socks in your boots?

Thanks for all the updated reports. It sounds like the conditions are favorable right now, so hopefully they stay like that for the weekend.

I am looking to rent a tank, hood, wetsuit, gloves and boots but am having a hard time finding somewhere that rents the gloves, hood and boots. Can anyone tell me somewhere where I can rent these items? I have a hood, boots and gloves, but figure I need something thicker than my warm water gear.

I'm not sure. Do you think using a 3mm boot with my fins would be fine with regards to keeping warm? Also, I have a 3mm hood, but figured I would need something thicker. Is this the case? I'm a cold-water virgin!

Like stated above, it's warmer time of year for us.... I dive without any hood when it gets above 64*f.... but that's me..... I would think a 3mm boots, gloves, and hood would be good if you have a good 7mm full suit. But this comes from a person that still dives wet in 52* water so YMMV.

I'm not sure. Do you think using a 3mm boot with my fins would be fine with regards to keeping warm? Also, I have a 3mm hood, but figured I would need something thicker. Is this the case? I'm a cold-water virgin!

Many of us that dive cold year round only use 3 mm boots, gloves and hood without a problem. You should be fine this time of year.

I've been diving a 3/2mm full suit for the past five weeks with a hood and have been pretty comfortable despite the fact I stop and film quite often.

I've been diving a 3/2mm full suit for the past five weeks with a hood and have been pretty comfortable despite the fact I stop and film quite often.

DrBill you are Superman! :wink:

As the others have said, any gloves and hood will be better than none, and as long as you have the 7mm suit, you should be fine. If you get cold easily though, you might want to buy a hooded vest to wear with your 7mm suit. Most of the dive shops there sell them. It is a good piece of equipment to own, even if you aren't sure if you will ever dive Calif again.

My 3mm Ti booties, 3 mm hood, and 2-3mm gloves have worked fine for me this summer.
I do rent a 7mm suit though as my 3mm shortie gets a bit cold after 40 minutes.
Not sure if you can rent gloves/booties, but the hood ususally comes with the wetsuit rental.
I was out yesterday in only a shortie and it was quite pleasant, but only one short dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom