Anyone here shoot with Panansonic AG-HVX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not shoot with it, however, I know that at least Gates has a housing for it. In 720p and overcranking, it should give some magnificent footage. The question is, can you get the needed length to record a dive. The p2 cards are woefully inadequate when shooting in highest quality. If someone made a housing to fit the HVX200 AND as FS-100, you'd be golden. :)

I'm currently shooting with the Sony Z1u, but have been seriously considering the HVX200. If you do get a chance to take one underwater, I'd be interested in any comments you'd have about it. I bet others here would be too.

Im shooting the HVX200 in a Gates housing. Just got back from shooting with it for 10 days in la paz, mexico and another 4 days in the Channel Islands. I have tons of feed back and insight to the camera and housing. I absolutely love it. I recently sold my Sony Z1u to upgrade to the HVx and it was the best move Ive made!

Send me a PM with your contact info and I can go into detail about it.

You lucky dog ... I'm playing with P2 footage on my FCP. I got it from Panasonic, sent in for it and got back a DVD with P2 footage on the DVD. Actually, I'm sure its great in a variety of ways, what though did you NOT like about it, if any?

There really isnt anything I do not like about my system. It is taking some getting used to because the camera performance is very different from the Sony Z1U I shot with for over two years. The low light performance, color, white balance, etc, is all different and takes some getting used to. I ABSOLUTELY love the P2 system. It has been such a joy to edit with. Popping the card into a Duel Adapter and into my Macbook is extremely simple.

Ive shot HD for almost 3 years (all on tape) and have hardly edited anything. The P2 system is so much easier to use in post.

I am shooting the Gates housing, with the Fathom SWP port, and Green Force lights, also the new EM43 High Resolution monitor. The system is negative, however with the addition of Ultralight double buoyancy arms, and a small block of foam, its very slight (which is what I like). The Fathom port is a MUST have for any serious shooter. Full zoom through capabilities are amazing! You can shoot a whale shark and a nudibranch in a matter of seconds just by zooming in (or out)!!.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

That sure sounds like a sweet setup...

Mike, do you take kidney trade-ins for a HVX200, Gates Housing, SWP dome,HD monitor, and Green Force Lights :) No? ah well, thought I'd ask anyways... Only way I could afford all that :wink:

I sure do pakman, in fact i'm looking for a new set since I sold mine in order to buy the rig!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom