Anyone here shoot with Panansonic AG-HVX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes the Red has audio although for most of what I'll use the camera we'll be running seperate audio though. My red is mostly going to be used for high end television and lower end film so the there is always a seperate multitrack audio recorder (SD 744T, PD-6, etc.).

~Marque

Uhhh, shipping RED's don't have audio. As I understand it, it's coming, but it's not on the current models.

Interesting that you intend to use the camera for high end TV and lower end film. Given it's abilities, I'd say that it could easily support better film out than anything other than real film. The CineAlta, and Varicam aren't even in the same league (depending on glass). The Panavision and some of the 2k options are pretty good from the examples I've seen.

Regardless, it's good to hear that you and others have had success with the HVX. I am hoping to get one and do the reel-stream conversion on it. But it may be a while before I can make that happen.

Hello blogsters,
New guy here, so be gentle for a while.
I'm shooting hvx200 underwater and we're almost ready to release the first title "HD2O™ ~ The Keys". Most impressive camera once setup right. If you'd like to see footage we have some posted in the store for free. Go to hd2o.tv, HD Cameraflyers Click on "clips" 001 and 002 have 640x360 iTunes clips. If you have AppleTV spend $2 and see it all. The final DVD content is great, Blu-Ray sample was beyond belief. All shot at 1080p30 those free-bees are not 'best of' clips but they're still pretty and shows the dynamic range of DVCPRO. I'll say the camera works very well. Missing some things, but very workable. You must have a FireStore F-100. Gives 112 minutes and we've run it end to end without dropping a single frame at 1GB/minute.
I'll help, but can't reveal certain things. Not to be an ash, but my boss (the backward double sob) would kill. (he may be in here. yes, yes there he is) http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/More Smiles/nonononono.gif
Regards,

Hey Ron, Nice stuff on your site! Very nice.

Go to "CLIPS", pick #001, UNCHECK the HD and pick the 640 free video, and add to cart. You will have to register, not certain if asks for all including shoe size. Eventually you will hit download and get a .zip file. Unstuff to reveal an mp4.
The store isn't taking money so can't grabbing an HD clip. Make sure to Uncheck HD, check 640 (or 320)
Regards,

If you have trouble use the contact email inside the store, because "the buck doesn't even slow down here".
Regards,

I know this is a long shot, but have any of you modded your HVX so that it gives a 2k signal? I saw this announced (maybe it's not quite out there yet) but holy COW what a deal that is going to be! Ability to shoot variable frame rate 2k in a $15k camera. If only the HVX had interchangeable lenses... and yes I know there are 35mm adapters.

Mini-RED at 1/3 the cost. Life is good.
I hate to burst your bubble but 2k with the HVX is a joke. The chips don't even have enough resolution to really do 1080. That is actually a good thing because the image is noisy enough in low light as is, you just can't pack that many pixels into that small of a chip without problems.

With this mod I assume that they are doing an uncompressed component or something similar so that you can then record onto a computer. This will give you more color information and the image will be slightly less noisy because it won't be compressed. These are good things, but don't be expecting true 2k. Not to mention the fact that it is still vapor ware.

~Jess

Not bursting any bubbles for me. I don't even own the camera yet! :) Interesting that you say the chips don't have the resolution to do 1080p, when their mod for the DVX is providing better than 1080p, images are available, and that is NOT vaporware.

When a company delivers on a product, and has a second similar one in development, I tend not to call it vaporware.

Why assume what the mod is doing? Go read about it like I did. You can see how they did what they did for the DVX. People who shoot with it seem to be happy from the reports I read elsewhere on the net.

Even if the images aren't fully 2k, but can shoot fairly clean above 1080p, for the price it's a REMARKABLE deal. Shooting variable frame rate 4:4:4 1080p+ for under $10k? Come on....

Aqua Video makes a housing. I use the HVX-200 and you can see footage on my site: hd2o.tv Quality of this camera is better than it has the right to be, and in my opinion DVCPRO is cleaner than HDV for motion, and most important to me is more color sampled information! I am an editor first so I see it from post production angle and make decisions on blind testing, not brand name. Lastly 100Mbps vs. 35Mbps... which one has more information?
Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom