Anyone here shoot with Panansonic AG-HVX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you guys are through talking about how your selling your kidneys, lungs and eyes to get the system, I have been shooting with it since April and would like to answer any questions you have about the system. I have only scratched the surface of the capabilities of what it can do, but I have done a lot of tests with the system.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

When you guys are through talking about how your selling your kidneys, lungs and eyes to get the system, I have been shooting with it since April and would like to answer any questions you have about the system. I have only scratched the surface of the capabilities of what it can do, but I have done a lot of tests with the system.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

I believe you used to use the Z1. How does the it compare to the Sony and what made you change ?

Thanks for the link...pretty impressive. I would be interested in how well the electronics of the Seatool housings hold up.

With only 30 units in use world wide, the HVX sample isn't large enough to draw many conclusions.

BUT

We have yet to see a LANC controller fail in one of the small housings (HC3, HC7, SR1, HC1, A1, SR7/8) that wasn't related to some kind of water intrusion. If you keep them dry, they work.

Seatool is the only company I know that licenses the official Sony LANC and REMOTE codes from Sony. Everyone else reverse engineers them, and I think this has something to do w/ reliability issues.

Let me get this straight, both Annie and Mike are shooting the full-ride HVX-200?

I thought I paid H2O too much for my housing...:shakehead:
Didn't know I was making a payment on theirs...

j/k...:rofl3:

Yes, I do have the system too. Didn't trade my kidneys. You buy camera housings sometimes instead of real ones...don't need a white picket fence either!

I have been shooting the Panasonic camera for more than a year and a half on land. It took me a long time to invest in the housing. Funding is always a problem and you want to have jobs. I need to put the camera into a rental department though because it should be creating money. The footage with it is truly unbelievable...underwater just like the Sony F900. There is so much to continue to learn with shooting it. I want to go on a boat in warm water for a month with it....

I know this is a long shot, but have any of you modded your HVX so that it gives a 2k signal? I saw this announced (maybe it's not quite out there yet) but holy COW what a deal that is going to be! Ability to shoot variable frame rate 2k in a $15k camera. If only the HVX had interchangeable lenses... and yes I know there are 35mm adapters.

Mini-RED at 1/3 the cost. Life is good.

I've been shooting the HVX200 with the equinox Pro housing and its been a fine setup. I'm getting rid of both only because I have a nice new shiny block of aluminum being milled this week to go with my Red. Sorry guys my main job is as a union camera operator so no body part sales needed. I bought the HVX200 as a throw away camera and just for UW and I've been really impressed but how well alot of the HD has come out. Only a few trips (florida keys, cage diving in the atlantic, cozumel, etc.). But I've been very happy. The 16min. I get on the two 8GB cards is enough for a full tank when you shoot intelligently.

~Marque

Does your RED come with audio, or are you shooting dual system? Or will you add audio in post?

Back
Top Bottom